Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs Posted

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For applicants from outside Southwestern Ontario, the MCAT minimums for the 2010-11 application cycle are as follows:

Biological Sciences: 10

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal Reasoning: 11

Writing Sample: P

The minimum GPA is 3.7

Some flexibility is given to applicants from Southwestern Ontario. In the 2010-11 application cycle, a minimum score of 8 in any one section of the MCAT is acceptable as long as the combined score for Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Verbal Reasoning is 30 or more. The minimum score for the Writing Sample is O.

10characters

Still gonna be nervous for the next week or so, until I get that email in my inbox.

Same. I'll believe it when I see it. Although I think someone last year told me that if you met the cutoffs but didn't get an interview, it said to call them? Maybe I'm wrong... I guess in case they mistakenly assessed your course load or something?

Any truth to this?

Same. I'll believe it when I see it. Although I think someone last year told me that if you met the cutoffs but didn't get an interview, it said to call them? Maybe I'm wrong... I guess in case they mistakenly assessed your course load or something?

Any truth to this?

I remember reading that from last year.

Any truth to this?

Yes. That's what they said.

Any truth to this?

Yup, that is correct!

everyone will be nervous of course - there is a lot on the line, but really it is basically pretty clear at this point if you are going to get an interview or not. The reason we post the cut offs is to give you a bit of a heads up I think. If it wasn't a pretty much automatic from this point we wouldn't post them at all and just do what all the other schools do :)

Since they took the cutoffs off the page. But like someone said, it's probably just word changes or merging with the blog.

On a side note, when did Queen's get a new site :confused:

Maybe they were jealous of the new stuff the UWO put on their site. On another side note, wow the Queen's deposit (if you get accepted) is high. I thought it was only a few hundred dollars.

Archived