Premed 101 Forums

2011/12 UBC Applicant Discussion: OAS is now open!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having some trouble deciding how to categorize/present participation in a sport. I've been involved for a long time (9+) years and I feel that there is too much to list it all in one category (multiple awards, captaincies, championships, provincial/national representation, international competitions etc.) Do you guys think I could list High School/University experience and Provincial/National experience in two separate categories? I know it's the same sport but my role in the two levels of competition has been very different. This may be a stupid question, but I'm a first time applicant and any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, so I am mainly done! Transcripts and mcat are in. I will email admissions next week about residency status which is supposed to be proved by transcripts, but is not yet updated.

So other than application fee and pushing the submit button, is there anything else I need to provide?

I read the help guide and nothing jumps out, but the paranoia is setting in....

While we are on the topic of MCAT, can someone shed some light on how to release multiple MCAT scores if they come out later?

E.g. I have one from last year that meets cutoffs and I took one recently and the results come out end of august. So after I submit the UBC with previous scores, is there a way to re-release MCAT?

I think that might be pushing it... But it's your choice. Technically I think the Help Guide does say you can put research in both research and employment.

I got an award/grant to work in a research lab last summer. I put that under academic awards and I will put it under research. Do you think I can put it under employment as well?

Thanks

I got an award/grant to work in a research lab last summer. I put that under academic awards and I will put it under research. Do you think I can put it under employment as well?

Thanks

I thought for the award section, you can only put awards that you got purely based on academic merits?

For those who submitted applications, when you get to the end and you click submit and pay the final fees, do you have to re-enter in your credit card information or do they just take it the info from when you initially opened the application? I know this is a weird question.

While we are on the topic of MCAT, can someone shed some light on how to release multiple MCAT scores if they come out later?

E.g. I have one from last year that meets cutoffs and I took one recently and the results come out end of august. So after I submit the UBC with previous scores, is there a way to re-release MCAT?

This happened to me last year. I am pretty sure it automatically gets released to UBC, once the score comes out. I can't remember exactly what I did but I know it wasn't an issue. I may have also re-released the scores through AMCAS.

For those who submitted applications, when you get to the end and you click submit and pay the final fees, do you have to re-enter in your credit card information or do they just take it the info from when you initially opened the application? I know this is a weird question.

Yes, you'll have to re-enter you credit card info.

By the way, how many of you have submitted your app already?

Archived