Premed 101 Forums

2011/12 UBC Applicant Discussion: OAS is now open!

Hey guys, I had 3 different customer service jobs during undergrad. Do you think I should include them all? Or just focus on one? Or focus on different things for each one?

.... I don't really feel like excluding 2 of them, cause they show time management on my part while being a full-time student. At the same time, I don't want to be repetitive and confusing to the reviewers. What do you think? thx:D

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have three different jobs, I don't think that would be considered repetitive to the reviewers. Afterall, you deal with different customers and work with different people. I can see how three diffferent positions within the same company might be confusing, but you should be fine.

Thanks a bunch :) I think I will keep them all and try to orient the reviewers through them properly.

Hey guys, I had 3 different customer service jobs during undergrad. Do you think I should include them all? Or just focus on one? Or focus on different things for each one?

.... I don't really feel like excluding 2 of them, cause they show time management on my part while being a full-time student. At the same time, I don't want to be repetitive and confusing to the reviewers. What do you think? thx:D

No, dont exclude them!

They show strong work ethic, time management, etc...

Besides the committee will not know what you've done if you dont present it.

Remember the employment section is like more space for your naq, so this is your chance to build it up.

No, dont exclude them!

They show strong work ethic, time management, etc...

Besides the committee will not know what you've done if you dont present it.

Remember the employment section is like more space for your naq, so this is your chance to build it up.

Thanks! That makes me feel even stronger about keeping them!!

I love all the Team Persistence love.

Almost time until the app deadline is here.

Then, all of us, including the ones who submitted early, are officially entered into our waiting phase. Or, as I like to call it, "Anxiety mode."

Just wait you first timers until November comes around.

Just thinking about it makes me want to order a nice, tall martini.

A cosmo, or appeltini. Merci.

Hi, thanks for the response :) Yes, I don't go to UBC. I am an OOP applicant. I think i may have to find courses at my uni that are equivalent to UBC prereq courses. Thanks to your reply I rechecked that page on the site. Only the first courses that meet the prereq requirements will be considered.

Ah, I see. It will definitely be important for you to have noted the correct prereq equivalents for when UBC is evaluating your application. So just make sure you contact them and have everything in order before submission.

Great idea :)

just posting to see my new sig... now let's hope we all get interviews... LOL.

Glad you joined the team - although I hope you aren't jinxing yourself since you haven't got a rejection before like all of us! Hopefully we can help prevent you from ever seeing one! :)

Is being a re-applicant a requirement for being a team member? I want in.

Not at all! Like I said before, anyone is welcome to join! :) It just kind of started as a thing for those of us who have experienced rejection first hand! But if others want to join with those of us that have been cut down before, why not! :) I mean, everyone has to show persistence through the whole aspect of getting into med, regardless of how many times it took for them to get in. I wish we could create groups on this site like on facebook! :P

Archived