You just calculate AGPA by excluding the worse year GPA. So if

Year 1 100%

Year 2 100%

Year 3 100%

Year 4 50%

--------------

Overall GPA = 100 + 100 + 100 + 50 /4

AGPA= = 100 + 100 + 100 / 3

Thanks for your post, unfortunately I don't have the year by year GPA, since I have international credits that have been sent to ubc, as well as uvic credits; my case is pretty complicated. I have the OGPA and the worst year GPA. I am looking for a way to calculate my agpa with this information.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your post, unfortunately I don't have the year by year GPA, since I have international credits that have been sent to ubc, as well as uvic credits; my case is pretty complicated. I have the OGPA and the worst year GPA. I am looking for a way to calculate my agpa with this information.

Thanks again.

That's mathematically impossible my friend. Your best bet is to contact UBC and hope that they will give you your GPA breakdown.

Oh, and I would suggest that buying books, researching the MMI and participating in mock MMI sessions are not entirely mandatory for doing well in the interview. So, if you don't go out and do all of those things don't stress... I spent a month answering questions in an email thread that I would argue we're a complete waste of time. Just be yourself and think critically. If you can think of two opposing thoughts and discuss them then you're off to a good start.

I completely agree with this.. I had an idea of the questions they asked the year before from a friend 1 year ahead, but that's it. I didn't stress over it and mostly had fun doing the MMI. Approach it like a "game", have fun and that's when the best of you shows up. If you feel like groups can help you then go for it. But know that they can also just stress you out more. And whatever happens during an MMI station: 1) forget about it an move on to the next; 2) it might not be as bad as you think as some stations are purposefully made to frustrate you.

Congrats to all those granted interviews. To those who did not receive an interview, if you want to do this, keep trying. Truly. You may need to spread out your net, and as others said "game the system" a bit, but it is possible to make it if it is what you want to do.

Just wanted to put in a hopeful word for those who feel like there isn't any hope right now in their pursuit of a med school acceptance.

Best,

LL:)

As Dr. Astroff was mentioned earlier, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I met with him once for some MMI prep, and I think it helped me quite a bit. I interviewed at 3 places last year, and got into 2 schools. While I can't prove his help got me in, I did unsuccessfully interview at UBC 2x prior to my acceptance last May.

Congrats to all those who got interviews. Practice practice practise! Find an effective and relaxed method of answering questions, and don't be afraid to seek out multiple opinions/feedback from friends, family, professionals etc.

UBC is a fickle beast though.

As Dr. Astroff was mentioned earlier, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I met with him once for some MMI prep, and I think it helped me quite a bit. I interviewed at 3 places last year, and got into 2 schools. While I can't prove his help got me in, I did unsuccessfully interview at UBC 2x prior to my acceptance last May.

Congrats to all those who got interviews. Practice practice practise! Find an effective and relaxed method of answering questions, and don't be afraid to seek out multiple opinions/feedback from friends, family, professionals etc.

UBC is a fickle beast though.

How much do they charge?

Just to throw my opinion into the "how much should I practice" discussion:

I was involved in the email MMI questions group. I found it very interesting, but devoted little time to it. I did 2 face-to-face practice sessions with strangers (from PM101!!) that really helped me solidify how I wanted to approach the MMI.

After that, I just tried to be myself in the interview stations. If I screwed up (and I did!) I totally came clean and explained things to the interviewer. And yes, I did have fun. :)

So stoked to see all the interviewees for this year. Good luck!

Just to throw my opinion into the "how much should I practice" discussion:

I was involved in the email MMI questions group. I found it very interesting, but devoted little time to it. I did 2 face-to-face practice sessions with strangers (from PM101!!) that really helped me solidify how I wanted to approach the MMI.

After that, I just tried to be myself in the interview stations. If I screwed up (and I did!) I totally came clean and explained things to the interviewer. And yes, I did have fun. :)

So stoked to see all the interviewees for this year. Good luck!

This is the most important thing about MMI.. I didn't practice beforehand, I preferred not to think about it much actually. A friend of mine walked me through the day's schedule from the year before and a bit about what his stations were. And I did screw up at least once or twice but recovered.

Congrats to all those granted interviews. To those who did not receive an interview, if you want to do this, keep trying. Truly. You may need to spread out your net, and as others said "game the system" a bit, but it is possible to make it if it is what you want to do.

Just wanted to put in a hopeful word for those who feel like there isn't any hope right now in their pursuit of a med school acceptance.

Best,

LL:)

Thank you, Lost Lamb. I am beginning to feel like I will always fall 'just behind!' It's a bit unreal at the moment. You are always so inspiring though, and it helps me! :)

This may have changed given the overhaul to the application system and firstly congrats to everyone who received an interview invite given the major changes ... am looking forward to meeting you all during the interview cycle. There will be quite a few 1st and 2nd year med students volunteering as track hosts and MMI station evaluators.

During my application year, I was one of the students who had the misfortune of getting rejected with an above average interview score ... so it is possible but having said that, 99.9% who get rejected do so because of an average score. I had another circumstance and that was one poor reference letter which I decided to have written by a member of the Vancouver Police Dept ... don`t ask why. I haven`t been pinched or spent a nickle-dime in the slammer haha ... I just figured having a member of the police dept attest to my qualities might be something unique but what I didnt figure was that said Inspector would comment mostly on my athletic prowess haha. Apparently, he even mentioned the fact that I trained hard to run the 100m or something lol.

Anyways, long story short, the interview is key but ensure all other aspects are well-rounded too. And feel free to PM me about any questions about the MMI and see you in Feb. I`ll be volunteering on the Feb4-5th interview session dates.

Cheers and congrats again.

hey guys, does the grad student form only applies to current grad students? or anyone who has a grad degree...I already finished, wondering if I need to do that form or just ignore it. Thanks!

If you already graduated I dont think you need to submit that.

Or call the admission office to double check.

Archived