Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

I think his plan was for us to learn it all, but he's a fresh phd and lectures really slowly so we got through like 1/3 of the material in the course before the strike. He then decided that he'd rather teach us everything, but skip mechanisms whenever possible. He's using the same slides as the prof he did his PhD with.

I don't drink coffee. I hate it. Had a few from Timmies when the roll up was around just for the sake of winning some donuts lol.

Although, the Dark Roast coffee is actually pretty decent. I would have it if I needed to stay awake for something

I got hooked on it when I was working in the summers of my first undergrad. Worked for my uncle who was at the office (read: plant) by 6:30am. used to think I drank for the taste but found out when I tried to switch to decaf that it was NOT the taste that kept me coming back lol

I went about 3 weeks post appendectomy where I didn't have a coffee. I'd try a couple sips but it just didn't sit well with me. I really should have used that as an opportunity to stop completely sigh

And yeah, I don't get waiting 20 mins in line or being late for a class just to get a damn coffee either, especially since I need to get there early enough so that I can get a spot where people have less of a chance of pissing me off.

Anybody taken advantage of the 50% rule yet? If so, how was the process? What sort of supporting documents did you have to provide? 

Funny, I came to post the exact same question. I am planning to use it for one my courses that the exam is on the 27th and I have work obligations starting 25th (thankfully  I will be finished all my other exams by then)...

Also wondering how long should it take for someone to get back to you whether you are approved or denied?

My reason was the same as yours, work obligations starting April 25. Her solution was for me to just write the exam earlier which is even worse considering how busy I am in the first few days of the exam period. I'll try talking to her again and see what happens.

My reason was the same as yours, work obligations starting April 25. Her solution was for me to just write the exam earlier which is even worse considering how busy I am in the first few days of the exam period. I'll try talking to her again and see what happens.

I would definitely follow up on that and see what other arrangements are possible. Cramming more exams in an already tight schedule is not a appropriate solution.