Premed 101 Forums

2012 Waitlist Thread

thanks for chiming in Windsor!

I really did enjoy my lectures at Windsor (I am one of the students that was able to take courses at both sites). That classroom is pretty awesome.

No matter what happens if you get into Western you are going to have an awesome time and an awesome learning experience. Honest :)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow better be a day of phone calls.

The whole application cycle i've been calm and relatively apathetic towards the waiting aspect. However, now it's really starting to bother me. Wtf Schulich lets gooooooooooooooooooo...

Tomorrow better be a day of phone calls.

The whole application cycle i've been calm and relatively apathetic towards the waiting aspect. However, now it's really starting to bother me. Wtf Schulich lets gooooooooooooooooooo...

LOL agreed! I consider myself a very patient person and even I'm getting over-anxious at this point. If they don't start making calls by Tuesday at the latest I will be rather displeased to say the least :rolleyes:

thank you so much to everyone who commented so positively on the Windsor campus. If I am lucky enough to get accepted this week I know that I will be thrilled wherever I land. The bottom line is that I will be studying to be a doctor with all kinds of amazing people. I'm crossing my fingers, and good luck to everyone this week!

thank you so much to everyone who commented so positively on the Windsor campus. If I am lucky enough to get accepted this week I know that I will be thrilled wherever I land. The bottom line is that I will be studying to be a doctor with all kinds of amazing people. I'm crossing my fingers, and good luck to everyone this week!

No worries!

Best of luck to all the remaining waitlisters - you have all come so far, and I would love it if you could go just that little bit farther to get an acceptance. No matter what happens I hope ultimately you all get into medical school, if not this year than in the future.

To feed the neuroticism, one of the admins made all the upper year students admins in the facebook group.

There are 157 members in the facebook group. 69 are upper year students.

88 people are bona fide class of 2016.

Let's add about 20-30 roughly for those people that haven't joined the facebook group.

That's probably around 60-70 people as a ROUGH estimate that need to come off the waitlist?

To feed the neuroticism, one of the admins made all the upper year students admins in the facebook group.

There are 157 members in the facebook group. 69 are upper year students.

88 people are bona fide class of 2016.

Let's add about 20-30 roughly for those people that haven't joined the facebook group.

That's probably around 60-70 people as a ROUGH estimate that need to come off the waitlist?

From what I recall of the past two years, that seems about right for numbers. The 60-70 spots available might be a little high but the waitlist usually moves into the regular waitlist by a few people at the very least and the high-priority tends to be unofficially 15-30-ish in size. I think it is reasonable that 50+ people off the waitlist end up getting offered a spot though, with some of them obviously declining because of other offers.

From what I recall of the past two years, that seems about right for numbers. The 60-70 spots available might be a little high but the waitlist usually moves into the regular waitlist by a few people at the very least and the high-priority tends to be unofficially 15-30-ish in size. I think it is reasonable that 50+ people off the waitlist end up getting offered a spot though, with some of them obviously declining because of other offers.

Apparently having this skill comes in handy in the business world. I had a bunch of friends that went to Ivey and were given a scenario like this...

You need to manufacture a pair of jeans, how much would it cost you to make 1000 pairs and distribute across Canada?

Then you have to start ballparking (aka bullsh!ting) and make it look like you know what you're talking about.

Apparently having this skill comes in handy in the business world. I had a bunch of friends that went to Ivey and were given a scenario like this...

You need to manufacture a pair of jeans, how much would it cost you to make 1000 pairs and distribute across Canada?

Then you have to start ballparking (aka bullsh!ting) and make it look like you know what you're talking about.

That seems like magic until after a while they actually start getting the price right. I just finished a project with the Ivey MBAs here - they are quite good at getting a reasonablely close answer by the end. I guess being graded by someone who actually does it for a living on real product helps :)

*cricket-cricket*............*tumbleweed goes by*

Well, I just heard word that the emails to those with unspecified campuses went out 20 minutes ago.

Guess this means the waitlist movement can't be that far behind... *fingers crossed* for you guys

*cricket-cricket*............*tumbleweed goes by*

Bahah i was gonna make a *crickets* post but i didn't want to scare people with a "new post" notification :P

I guess we can let them have lunch then get around to calling?

Can't hear crickets over the hum of my adrenal glands and the collective spamming of F5 keys ("And I keep hitting re-fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh...").

Get ready for a long ordeal though - the list usually runs well into summer. Some of us will get in this month, some next, perhaps some after that. The rest will return to a future application cycle with more determination and experience than everyone else applying, and when they eventually do get in they'll have a leg up on a lot of people who have never had to face the unique horror that is a waitlist.

Can't hear crickets over the hum of my adrenal glands and the collective spamming of F5 keys ("And I keep hitting re-fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh...").

Rofl switch to gmail and save your poor F5 key some stress :cool:

Archived