Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

I have a crick in my neck that is pissing the shit outta me. I've tried rubbing it, moving my neck, not moving my neck, ice packs, heat packs, warm packs, using a muscle relaxant, pain meds, asking Google if I'll die, praying to the neck crick gods and not a single thing has worked. Help me current/future doctors!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a crick in my neck that is pissing the shit outta me. I've tried rubbing it, moving my neck, not moving my neck, ice packs, heat packs, warm packs, using a muscle relaxant, pain meds, asking Google if I'll die, praying to the neck crick gods and not a single thing has worked. Help me current/future doctors!

Speaking as decidedly NOT a professional (yet), but someone who has a tendency to injure herself in often humorous ways, physical therapists are often helpful for these sorts of things.

Thanks Birdy, I think that'll be my next step. Was hoping for a more instant form of therapy :(

Stronger muscle relaxants/pain meds. I'm sure some fentanyl will clear that right up ;)

But yeah... I'd probably go with what Birdy said. Maybe see an MD if it's serious.

I've had that. It should go away in a few days. It's pretty annoying for sure. 

See a doc if it gets worse/doesn't go away.

I'm confused. How does one become a bariatric surgeon? Is that like a fellowship or..? 

ahhh I think so - I mean of course you would cover the procedure in gen surg but I would suspect like anything now you would subspecialize to be more qualified.

Really thinking about learning to play the acoustic guitar as a summer hobby. I'm debating on whether it would be worth the investment if I may be too busy to continue learning when I start med... But if I don't learn now, when will I ever have the time? The internal struggles. 

This news story reads stranger than fiction. A cautionary tale against greed and corruption.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=11066247

The daughter of the accused was also a personality on a controversial reality show dubbed "Ultra rich asian girls of Vancouver", and misrepresented some of Yuan's substantial assets as her and her family's.

Really thinking about learning to play the acoustic guitar as a summer hobby. I'm debating on whether it would be worth the investment if I may be too busy to continue learning when I start med... But if I don't learn now, when will I ever have the time? The internal struggles. 

Step 1: Buy acoustic guitar

Step 2: Learn the 5 chords needed to play Wonderwall

Step 3: Bring your guitar on campus and find an open area where many attractive girls pass

Step 4: Sing Wonderwall

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit

Step 1: Buy acoustic guitar

Step 2: Learn the 5 chords needed to play Wonderwall

Step 3: Bring your guitar on campus and find an open area where many attractive girls pass

Step 4: Sing Wonderwall

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit

Protip: make and sustain eye contact with target while singing "you're gonna be the that savesss meeeee"

Works every time

It really is, it's like that BS high school "biology" 

Yeah its awful. I can do like 4-5 chapters of Orgo in one sitting. Takes me the entire day to do 70 pages of the Bio. Even the Psych is more interesting. Luckily I know most of the Biochem content from Adv Biochem.

is it at least easy?

Yeah, but I imagine the questions will eb different on the actual test. I read a few people say the Bio sections are mostly like reading published articles and making inferences from the results

Got 50 percent on my genetics quiz and thought I got at least 80 percent. Still don't know the right answers. Emailed TA and eagerly awaiting a response. God I'm hoping the marker just made a bunch of mistakes. This ever happened to anyone else?

Got 50 percent on my genetics quiz and thought I got at least 80 percent. Still don't know the right answers. Emailed TA and eagerly awaiting a response. God I'm hoping the marker just made a bunch of mistakes. This ever happened to anyone else?

I'm pretty sure that my entire genetics course was marked by a scantron machine.

Luckily it's just a quiz so you will have a chance to recover. I got I think about 55% on my first chem midterm in first year but recovered to get like 77%. I always hated chem. I started seeing a tutor for a couple hours a week after the bad midterm. I usually teach myself, but I had to make exceptions for chem and orgo.

Scantrons can screw up if things are circled in too faintly or something isn't correctly erased.

I got like 55% on my first chem midterm. I used the wrong units for most of the questions and only got part marks for having the correct steps. Luckily for me, the worst of 3 tests was dropped from the final grade.

Scantrons can screw up if things are circled in too faintly or something isn't correctly erased.

I got like 55% on my first chem midterm. I used the wrong units for most of the questions and only got part marks for having the correct steps. Luckily for me, the worst of 3 tests was dropped from the final grade.

Yeah, turns out my worst quiz mark will be dropped too (I think there's only like 4 or 5 quizzes.) So it's not devastating for my marks, but it is devastating for my understanding of genetics because I really thought I got around 90 percent on the quiz. Anyways I guess we will see what happens.

Also sucks that I have another quiz on Monday and I only emailed the TA today so they might not get back to me before the next quiz and I could make the same mistakes......

maybe khan academy will save me for the next quiz? that or doing some research online as well as triple checking the textbook.

Archived