Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Feelings

I'm among the group who came out of the interview feeling alright but felt worse about it as time went on. Now I can't get through a day without worrying about it. I wish we didn't have to wait 3 months. Does anyone have any speculation as to how they evaluate us post interview? I know UBC has always been quite tight-lipped about it, but maybe some sort of formula where AQ and NAQ is a certain %, with added interview scores, reference letter scores, and MCAT scores?

I felt exactly the same way, but look where I am now. Tells you that self-evaluation can be very subjective. Try not to worry too much, and hope you get some good news in May.  :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

What will the timeline look like on May 15? I mean, how spread apart are rejections followed by wait lists followed by acceptances and at what times of the day?

Best not to stress too much, I would just wait until you see someone on facebook do a humble-brag post and then check your email haha. 

I'm just going to put my phone on ringer, and wait for an email notification before checking.

I suppose so, but there could be a red flag in the app that could be noticed post interview maybe? Such as a weak reference perhaps? I'd imagine it would be rare with "above avg" to not get in.

But who know :s

Its funny, I bet they already have the final admissions results....

I suppose so, but there could be a red flag in the app that could be noticed post interview maybe? Such as a weak reference perhaps? I'd imagine it would be rare with "above avg" to not get in.

But who know :s

Its funny, I bet they already have the final admissions results....

One of my friends got rejected last year despite having above average interview score and really high GPA/MCAT. so yeah red flag is always there lol

Archived