Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Class of 2024 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

Result: Accepted

GPA: ~3.8 (best two years)

UG: 4 year degree & one year after graduation of courses to boost GPA

DAT: 21/19/17 (RC/AA/PAT)

ABS: 4th year thesis, lots of ECs throughout UG, over 600 hours of dental experience 

Interview: Thought it went well, it was hard to say without human interaction. I treated it like a regular conversation, which helped keep my stress levels down and my confidence up.

Posting this to show that you don't need to be a picture perfect candidate. The first year of my undergrad, my GPA was awful and my PAT score isn't great either. You will reach your goal!

On 5/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, Maggiie19 said:

Congrats to everyone who got their acceptances! :)

People who interviewed at Dal as well, which school is your first choice?

I was accepted at Western and interviewed with Dal. Dal would be my first choice. I just hope they send out acceptances before June 1 so I don't have to eat the $1000 deposit (don't have my fingers crossed tho).

*posting super late but this is for future applicants * 

Normal waitlisted (I think lol)

2 Year GPA: 3.97

DAT: 22 AA, 22 PAT

Interview: I actually felt I did well. Maybe I could have made it more personable but it was harder online. Time constraints also made difficult to hit all points in mind. There was also a few awkward silences but oh well. I prefer in person interviews I guess. 

Will be attending UofT! 

On 5/8/2020 at 7:15 AM, BetterMidWins said:

Result: Waitlisted

GPA: 3.86/4.00

DAT: 19/19/18

ABS: weak on EC department. Only have 20 hrs of shadowing, no research. General club involvement and community volunteer. 

Interview: Didn't think it represented who I am. I was drained halfway through and started doubting myself. Time to find out where on the waitlist I am! 

Just got a call and received an offer from the waitlist!

Will be declining, good luck everyone! Waitlist is moving!!

Just now, dental1290 said:

As in MWL? I haven't heard anything yet.

Me neither. Seems to be a lot of people declining their waitlist spot, or offers. I would love to start seeing some MWL get in. What else are we waiting for guys? People to accept their med offers? People that want Dal? What else?

28 minutes ago, inininini said:

Me neither. Seems to be a lot of people declining their waitlist spot, or offers. I would love to start seeing some MWL get in. What else are we waiting for guys? People to accept their med offers? People that want Dal? What else?

The tuition deposit is due June 1st, so there might be some movement in early June? 

On 5/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, k9teeth said:

if we accept the offer how do we drop it? if we drop it before the deposit is due do we still have to pay the deposit?

Like i got accepted and I want to accept it but i will probably drop the offer for somewhere else im just not 100% sure! 

I am assuming you will need to email admissions. The deposit is due on June 1st. It’s safer if you email them before that.