Premed 101 Forums

Thanks for starting the thread! Does anyone know if UofT starts contacting waitlisted applicants before the two-week mark? For example I know that Mac contacts waitlisted applicants as soon as anyone rejects their offer (even if it's tomorrow), but Western waits until after two-weeks to start sending out offers to those waitlisted.

48 minutes ago, redbeanbun said:

Thanks for starting the thread! Does anyone know if UofT starts contacting waitlisted applicants before the two-week mark? For example I know that Mac contacts waitlisted applicants as soon as anyone rejects their offer (even if it's tomorrow), but Western waits until after two-weeks to start sending out offers to those waitlisted.

Wondering this as well - was thinking of emailing or calling but I'll probably wait a couple of days. I feel they might not have an idea yet re: movement

Waitlist here, and have to admit that this is tougher than the straight R I got from other schools... I really thought (and hoped) I would get in U of T, especially that I love in Toronto and my life situation makes it near impossible for me to move to another city... but oh well, life goes on I guess...

I know a couple people from previous classes who got in from waitlist, but I haven’t seen anyone who is not going to accept their U of T offer this cycle, so I’m not sure we stand a significant chance here 

17 minutes ago, bluepopsicle said:

waitlist here too - got another offer from another ontario school so I'll wait out the 2 weeks for now - if not I'll accept the other one and remove myself from the waitlist. I kinda doubt there'll be any movement but just gotta cross my fingers at this point lol

same boat lol, i asked around though and it doesn't seem like movement will happen during the two-week period since they oversend initial offers :( 

26 minutes ago, bluepopsicle said:

waitlist here too - got another offer from another ontario school so I'll wait out the 2 weeks for now - if not I'll accept the other one and remove myself from the waitlist. I kinda doubt there'll be any movement but just gotta cross my fingers at this point lol

3 minutes ago, redbeanbun said:

same boat lol, i asked around though and it doesn't seem like movement will happen during the two-week period since they oversend initial offers :( 

What other schools do you folks have offers at?

46 minutes ago, Allthegoodusernamesaregone said:

Does anyone know if they send rejections for wait lists as spots get filled up, or do they wait until classes start to send our rejections?

Based on last year’s wait list thread, it seems they send the majority of new offers and rejections after two weeks and only keep a couple of waitlist candidates in case someone of the second wave declines their offer or for example a grad student can’t reach the graduation deadline etc

Those last couple of ppl seem to hear their final decision very late, may be end of June or early July 

12 hours ago, MDWoman said:

Were you waitlisted at Mac too?

yes I am 

11 hours ago, AgainOmsasSmh said:

Who did you ask if you don’t mind sharing? 

I know two people who got in UofT off of waitlist, one last year and one the year before. Ofc there's a possibility that their understanding is wrong!

42 minutes ago, redbeanbun said:

yes I am 

I know two people who got in UofT off of waitlist, one last year and one the year before. Ofc there's a possibility that their understanding is wrong!

I know quite a few people who got accepted from waitlist too, some got offers even late june, it seems like every year a good proportion of Toronto WL gets in,

unfortunately, with what happened at Mac this year and ppl trying to evade it, I’m not really putting much hope here but who knows...

1 hour ago, kitandkat said:

Hey!!! Just wanted to let you guys know that I will be declining my offer to U of T (MAM) as I got into UBC's Southern Medical Program which is my first choice. Hope someone gets good news ASAP :)

3 minutes ago, HugeEuge said:

Just declined my offer for another program! Good luck everyone.

Congratulations on all your offers. Any chance you all were accepted to McMaster or on the Mac waitlist?

6 hours ago, kitandkat said:

Hey!!! Just wanted to let you guys know that I will be declining my offer to U of T (MAM) as I got into UBC's Southern Medical Program which is my first choice. Hope someone gets good news ASAP :)

4 hours ago, HugeEuge said:

Just declined my offer for another program! Good luck everyone.

Congratulations on your offers!! Thanks a lot for updating this thread, its really helpful. All the best :) 

Are we sure that u of t does over offer in the first round? The only information I found about that is from last year, someone mentioned that the admission people confirmed to him over the phone that they do over accept.... 

Does that mean that U of T waitlist is realistically of very little hope/meaning because technically the first round of offers included an embedded waitlist?