Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
smac

Interview Invites

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, smac said:

Does anyone know when invites will be sent out?

Hopefully by Wednesday! Last year Queen's sent out on January 31st. Ottawa also sends out invites tomorrow. Could potentially be a really good or bad week for me haha. Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PD23 said:

Hopefully by Wednesday! Last year Queen's sent out on January 31st. Ottawa also sends out invites tomorrow. Could potentially be a really good or bad week for me haha. Best of luck to you!

Thank you!! Best of luck to you as well lets hope its a good week :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dr.Whom said:

The wait for Queens has been the most agonizing, given their relatively opaque selection criteria. The suspense is killing me. 

I feel the same way... since there's no information about what they really want it feels like anything could happen which causes me to refresh my email every 5 min 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr.Whom said:

The wait for Queens has been the most agonizing, given their relatively opaque selection criteria. The suspense is killing me. 

Very likely to get it tomorrow. They’ve sent it on the last business day of January for the past few years. 

I applied just for the lolz. I have a 123 in CARS but I figured Queen’s is mysterious enough to justify an app haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Livinalberta said:

Yes, Queens did send it out on Tuesday, January 31 last year.  However, this year they have moved the first round of interviews to the February 24, 25 weekend.  They might send invites out today?

What was the first interview weekend last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

...so nobody will be sleeping tonight

The trick is to assume Queens will already reject you. Did this for all the schools I applied to - the interviews I got became way more meaningful/surprising and those I didn't were expected so nothing lost :) Call it pessimistic but it works!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, premed_thr0waway said:

The trick is to assume Queens will already reject you. Did this for all the schools I applied to - the interviews I got became way more meaningful/surprising and those I didn't were expected so nothing lost :) Call it pessimistic but it works!! 

That’s definitely the best way to look at it haha. Just use any excuse in your stats to sell yourself short and expect a rejection. You’ll be super happy to receive an invite and you won’t be too distraught if you don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...