Premed 101 Forums

whats everyone doing?

• Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Studies have shown that people are usually attracted to symmetrical faces.

Not me...I find them pretty, but not attractive (if it makes sense).

If it helps, I IMed those pix to my best girlfriend and her response was "wow, I think I just came," so I'm obviously not alone in my preferences....lol.:D

Studies have shown that people are usually attracted to symmetrical faces.

Symmetry is a sign of genetic and developmental health apparently. This guy looks good to women because he has very masculin features:

-eyes sunken in, brows furrowed

-square mandible

-sloped forehead, hard to see but you can sorta make it out based on the lighting...

I don't know what I'd do at work if not for Craigslist.

http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/msr/1128324319.html

Burusera (ブルセラ ?) shops in Japan sell used girl panties. "Buru" means bloomers and "sera" means sailor.[3] They also sell other types of clothes, such as school uniforms, blazer school uniform, school swim suit uniform, etc. The clothes are often accompanied by genuine photos of the girls wearing them. The clients are men who smell or otherwise experience the panties for sexual stimulation. Vending machines were once used to sell packaged used panties.[4]

Underage schoolgirls participate in sale of their used panties, either through burusera shops or using mobile phone sites to sell directly to clients. When laws banning the purchase of used underwear from under-18s were introduced in Tokyo in 2004, it was reported that some underage girls were instead allowing their clients (called kagaseya or sniffers) to sniff their underwear from directly between their legs. Others chose to sell photos of themselves, throwing in the used panties for free.

Man am I tired of exams!!!!!!!! I feel like ripping my hair out. I wish I was on a beach somewhere....with a pina colada......and the latest Harper's Bazaar :P

I'm so tired. I am going to do one more lecture, sleep for a few hours, then do final lecture... review as much as possible until 7pm monday. DAMN YOU SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION!!!

I'm so tired. I am going to do one more lecture, sleep for a few hours, then do final lecture... review as much as possible until 7pm monday. DAMN YOU SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION!!!

tell me about it man. I have one exam left and it's cell biochemistry. Signal transduction all up in this joint

Superpsych! or at least it was back in my day, with roughly 1200-1500 people in Alumni Hall.

Just finished models of Health..... my god what a random exam.... studying is almost irrelevant given the questions seems to come from anywhere but the actual course content.

One left next Saturday and then woooo.... actually less o's because it'll be

woo-intersession.

heard that. I decided to sit on the OTHER side of my table between dermatology and gynecology/pediatrics/adolesence bookstacks today, mainly because I wanted a change of scenery when I look up occasionally and glance at a few book titles. My favorite ones on this side have to be:

"When Girls Feel Fat"

"America's Elderly"

and

"Occupational Therapy for children"

its a HUGE book. I didn't know children forced into work labor got benefits of seeing OT's....

Superpsych! or at least it was back in my day, with roughly 1200-1500 people in Alumni Hall.

Just finished models of Health..... my god what a random exam.... studying is almost irrelevant given the questions seems to come from anywhere but the actual course content.

One left next Saturday and then woooo.... actually less o's because it'll be

woo-intersession.

Lol, yeah still quite large, but now its in NCB. Dr. mike is so funny! what program are you in btw? health sci? if so please tell me it gets a lot better in the upper years!!!

Lol, yeah still quite large, but now its in NCB. Dr. mike is so funny! what program are you in btw? health sci? if so please tell me it gets a lot better in the upper years!!!

lol... I did a kin degree and came back and am just finishing up health sci.

I only took 2nd and 3rd year courses to get the health sci degree.

Health Promo in third year isn't much of a chance, the third year anatomy with Belliveau is great..... but I heard they're getting rid of it.... It was good because it incorporated a little physiology in it as well.... so it wasn't just names and locations.

Communications is useless but easy, Advanced stats.... is just that lol.

If you have specific interests, the upper years from what I hear get interesting with things like aging, global and rural health.

But for me I was just getting the courses I needed to graduate the second degree as quick as possible so I missed most of the personally interesting stuff.

The funny thing is since I came back for year 5 and 6, I took this degree pretty seriously... and where I would have just phoned it in in the past, courses like critical thinking, health care ethics and health professions, I actually put some effort into learning it and really broadened a lot of my perspectives, however models of health was terrible lol.

LOL, so I got a transfer page 1 min after I posted that I'd probably get a transfer...lol. Just got back, got a sweet 2 hours of OT and $35 of meal reimbursement.

Also, the doc we saw was a freaking splitting image of Law! I couldn't believe it! I asked him if he were from Iraq, but he said he's Saudi....I'm gonna see if I can find a pic of him online for Law, lol.

you think foreigners find it offensive when you assume they're from a particular place because they look the type? Like I remember feeling really embarassed/stupid when I met a girl with a very interesting first name and said "oh you have a really interesting first name, is it Indian?" and she said "no, my family is from Pakistan".

Anyways I realized after that it probably wasn't the best way to deal with an introduction....

you think foreigners find it offensive when you assume they're from a particular place because they look the type? Like I remember feeling really embarassed/stupid when I met a girl with a very interesting first name and said "oh you have a really interesting first name, is it Indian?" and she said "no, my family is from Pakistan".

Anyways I realized after that it probably wasn't the best way to deal with an introduction....

I can't speak for 'foreingers' as a group but I find it annoying when ppl ask "When did you come here?" to start up a conversation because I am asian. It's not offensive, but I get that practically EVERYTIME I meet someone new. Like the kid from whatishisname's short story... 'A diamond as big as the Ritz' I think.

I guess it is an easy, light topic to chat about for most people, but the pattern just doesn't change and I feel like a preprogrammed robot.

People make the wrong assumption about my ethnic background all the time, it doesn't really bother me.

People make the wrong assumption about my ethnic background all the time, it doesn't really bother me.

Ya, me too. I've been called everything from Persian, Egyptian, Lebanese, Spanish, Columbian, etc.

I don't really mind. I guess it makes me interesting :P

i get the whole gamut of assumed ethnicities as well: Greek, French, Aboriginal...I have a non-descript but unusual name, nobody knows what I am unless they have the same background and recognize my name (and even then, they're only half right since my name only represents half my ancestry).

I just want to add that I am miserable right now. Fighting off a cold when I should be finishing my thesis. I don't have time for this. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!

On the plus side, I still got a teensy bit of work done--yay me.

Archived