Premed 101 Forums

whats everyone doing?

• Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tollhouse cookie dough/brownie ice cream is severely lacking in cookie dough and ice cream compared to what it use to be....

Damn recession.

Ok, just out of curiosity if you remove the cookie dough and ice cream, are you just left with a brownie? Cause I got to say that still sounds pretty good :)

Just wanted to report:

Law looks REALLY good sans mustachio!!!!!!! I have confirmed it with my own eyes. AND he got honked at, at the grocery so he's gotta be doing something right!!!!!!! :D

LOL, sounds like the foray into the GLBT community is working out well for our de-moustachioed friend.:D

The tollhouse cookie dough/brownie ice cream is severely lacking in cookie dough and ice cream compared to what it use to be....

Damn recession.

Man, you know what I miss about the US? Turkey Hill chocolate (altho vanilla is fine, too) peanut butter ice cream...with freaking HUGE swirls of PB all through it. Not nasty Reese's cups, chocolate-covered almonds, turtles or anything, but just good ol' PB...I've never been able to find anything close to it in Western Canada!

Ok, just out of curiosity if you remove the cookie dough and ice cream, are you just left with a brownie? Cause I got to say that still sounds pretty good :)

lol I really butchered that.... no cookie dough and brownie bits, Just ice cream... which is still cool, but not as cool as it could be.

Which reminds me.... I was walking down princess st. with my girlfriend to do some shopping and dinner on my interview weekend in Kingston and there was a Ben and Jerry's!!! and it closed!!!!! How on earth did a Ben and Jerry fail?

It's always been my dream to eat a Vermonster.

Got to work this morning, they had a farmer with a 4" laceration in his thigh from a skinning knife (that's 4" DEEP). Held direct pressure on it for an hour (my aching back!), the damn thing still squirted as soon as I took off the bandages for the doc. He shoved both his fingers in the wound and started poking and shoving and pumping while the guy just screamed his head off - then cut the wound with scissors, all with no anesthesia whatsoever...then AFTER he tells the nurse to give the dude (who's in tears by now) some morphine. Is this normal? Maybe I'm just clueless, but I was flabbergasted. I understand they don't give morphine and such until the Dr sees them for abdo pain and the like, where the type/location of pain is of crucial importance, but that's pretty straightforward. I don't understand why anyone would torture a person like that.

Got to work this morning, they had a farmer with a 4" laceration in his thigh from a skinning knife (that's 4" DEEP). Held direct pressure on it for an hour (my aching back!), the damn thing still squirted as soon as I took off the bandages for the doc. He shoved both his fingers in the wound and started poking and shoving and pumping while the guy just screamed his head off - then cut the wound with scissors, all with no anesthesia whatsoever...then AFTER he tells the nurse to give the dude (who's in tears by now) some morphine. Is this normal? Maybe I'm just clueless, but I was flabbergasted. I understand they don't give morphine and such until the Dr sees them for abdo pain and the like, where the type/location of pain is of crucial importance, but that's pretty straightforward. I don't understand why anyone would torture a person like that.

Wow that sounds intense. I doubt too many people here know if that is normal, you are the EMT person. That sounds very bad and unprofessional though!

Wow that sounds intense. I doubt too many people here know if that is normal, you are the EMT person. That sounds very bad and unprofessional though!

Well, I don't do anything with wounds other than apply external bandages and the like (we never stick fingers into any orifices, whether natural or not, save for some very narrow exceptions such as labor with prolapsed cord), so I was looking for maybe a med student or someone else who's seen ER docs or surgeons manage wounds.

Well, I don't do anything with wounds other than apply external bandages and the like (we never stick fingers into any orifices, whether natural or not, save for some very narrow exceptions such as labor with prolapsed cord), so I was looking for maybe a med student or someone else who's seen ER docs or surgeons manage wounds.

that made me giggle... :D

Dammit...2 lakes in town, went to 1, it's iced over for most part and the one part that's not frozen over anymore had what felt like 70 mph wind in my face...went to the other one, it's like 4 foot deep at its deepest point.

FAIL.:rolleyes:

Hopefully some of the local trout ponds that I pass on my way back from work will be ready for fishing come Tuesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------jochi...re: your morning at work..very upsetting to me, you should talk to your superior or a doctor..re: standard of care...I would not have wanted to be the patient..-...maybe in the middle ages it was okay to use scissors...but not now without anesthesia of some sort....--

Archived