Premed 101 Forums

whats everyone doing?

Unrelated newbie question: What does sGPA stand for? Science GPA?

I'm just calculating my chances in US Medical Schools (purely out of curiosity) with this spreadsheet on SDN.

hehehe no one with almost 400 posts can be called a newbie,

It is my understanding that yes sGPA is your science gpa. Often computed for U.S. schools.

I wonder if that really give anymore information than a standard cGPA? Guess is blocks out some potential "bird courses"

• Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh, so I took my car to the body shop today...estimate was $1070. I had damage to both bumpers, but told them to fix up only the rear one, because otherwise they couldn't fix the tail light. The front bumper was just cosmetic damage. They did an estimate on it for me and said it was gonna be another $1,000, so I told them not to do it, since it's too much cash for something purely esthetic.

Anyway, drop off my car, hang around town for like 5 hours (it was near my job), come back to pick it up....first thing I see - my FRONT bumper's fixed! :facepalm: Total!? $2070! He FORGOT that I had told him to ONLY order and put in the rear bumper! And when I spoke to him last week, he said "the bumper is here" - not bumperS!

I thought I was gonna die....I ended up paying $1,200 and they gave me an interest-free account without a deadline to pay the rest, which is not too bad, but it's like, last thing I need is MORE debt right now.:rolleyes:

I would've argued it.

They didn't give you what they agreed to fix...

like if you walked in and they had Xzibit do a number on your car and say you owe them like 15k, that wouldn't be very fair

I thought about arguing, but there was never anything in writing re: what he told me and what I told him, he just had copies of the 2 estimates and I had a copy of the one that I had told him to proceed with back in Feb.

I thought about arguing, but there was never anything in writing re: what he told me and what I told him, he just had copies of the 2 estimates and I had a copy of the one that I had told him to proceed with back in Feb.

Chances are you didn't sign for the extra repairs. I would refuse to pay!

Sources: Craigslist suspect kept victims' underwear as mementos

April 22, 2009 12:13 PM Email| Comments (91)| Text size – + By Maria Cramer and Jonathan Saltzman, Globe Staff

Police searching the Quincy apartment of Philip Markoff found underwear from two of the victims in the Craigslist attacks and a handgun hidden in a hollowed-out copy of the medical textbook Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation."

THIS IS FROM THE BOSTON GLOBE NEWSPAPER...

still creeping me...

I think Law said they we all probably meet people with criminal backgrounds and do not know...never thought of that..

I think Law said they we all probably meet people with criminal backgrounds and do not know...never thought of that..

We had a convicted rapist come and lecture on our campus once...the kicker was that his victim had been our student years prior! No one bothered to check his criminal record before inviting him to speak....moreover, he had "greatly exaggerated" his degree of involvement into what he was lecturing about.

Sources: Craigslist suspect kept victims' underwear as mementos

April 22, 2009 12:13 PM Email| Comments (91)| Text size – + By Maria Cramer and Jonathan Saltzman, Globe Staff

Police searching the Quincy apartment of Philip Markoff found underwear from two of the victims in the Craigslist attacks and a handgun hidden in a hollowed-out copy of the medical textbook Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation."

:eek: ........wow

-FROM BOSTON GLOBE..--In the dark of night in 2001 Daniel Mason, a fourth-year medical student, shot and killed a man execution-style, critically wounded another, and shot their dog while they slept in their Jamaica Plain home. The crime was so gruesome that it nearly brought prosecutors to tears when they described the scene in court hearings.

Gee..Boston U...not good for their history records.....perhaps psychiatric evaluation of med students entering their program...or anger management classes..hmm...

----------------------------------------------------------

My friend was staying at the Marriott Copley hotel the night Julissa Brisman was killed...on the 21st floor (Julissa was killed by Markoff on the 20th floor) and her boyfriend looks similar to Markoff and the next day surveillance pictures came out of Markoff and there was one photo that looked exactly like her boyfriend! It was also taken around the area where they both had passed multiple times and so they originally thought that maybe they accidently released a picture of her boyfriend and not actually Markoff

My friend was staying at the Marriott Copley hotel the night Julissa Brisman was killed...on the 21st floor (Julissa was killed by Markoff on the 20th floor) and her boyfriend looks similar to Markoff and the next day surveillance pictures came out of Markoff and there was one photo that looked exactly like her boyfriend! It was also taken around the area where they both had passed multiple times and so they originally thought that maybe they accidently released a picture of her boyfriend and not actually Markoff

Freaky!:confused:

That's messed up!

finishing research paper..hopefully published...then yoga, then studying for organic chem..on May 5...and when bored trying to learn some physics since I have never taken it for mcats..dahhhhh

and physics is stressing me as far as mcats....as to when I should write them...

the innocent til proven guilty craigs list killer...I find it so odd that someone in medicine would have such a character defect...and the person in 2001 from Boston Med 01...who murdered someone in his 4th year...honestly I do not get it....

I don't really find it odd at all, to be honest. People just glorify doctors and assume they possess the qualities that their profession sets as the gold standard and is supposed to represent. It's always eerie when someone who is entrusted with caring for vulnerable populations, such as the sick, is discovered to have such malicious qualities. It can happen in any population though, so I don't know why people are so shocked that he's a medical student.

Archived