Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on everyone getting an interview!!!

Anybody else being all pessimistic like me today and feeling like if you don't get an invite today, then all the rest are rejections? :( My hope is starting to run dangerously low

The way i am trying to stay positive is that if I am lucky enough to get an interview, the later you get one the less time you have to stress about how you did during the interview before you find out if you're accepted or not.. So if I was lucky enough to get an interview for the April 20th weekend, you would only have around 3 weeks before May 15th. I don't know if this helps or not but it helps me a little.

Congrats on everyone getting an interview!!!

Anybody else being all pessimistic like me today and feeling like if you don't get an invite today, then all the rest are rejections? :( My hope is starting to run dangerously low

I totally hear you. The prolonged wait has resulted in alternating bouts of hope ("Ah...I survived!") and false hope ("Damn...there goes a good chunk of interview spots") after what seems to be a wave of regrets and invites, repsectively...

Do you guys think there will be anymore emails sent out today? Have there been any days in the past where notifications were sent out at different times?

They send at random (multiple) times throughout the day and week. They will probably continue sending out invites/regrets, but it's just that we don't know about all of them since not everyone posts here (especially if it's regrets).

Only a couple people have posted their invites today, so don't lose hope! We all know by now that U of T is a bit unpredictable (people get invites and regrets throughout the week, not only on Fridays). The last thing you should be doing is comparing yourself to other people on this blog - it's not representative of the entire applicant pool.

We will all hear eventually so relax and enjoy your day :) - don't waste it on worrying about something you can't control! You only live once right?

in past weeks there have been invites going out until 6 or 7 I believe (but I think that is so people had at least two weeks notice for their interview). Seeing as we are three weeks away today there may not be such a rush...who knows!! Good luck to everyone!

waiting and hoping, or crying and moping?

I feel like doing the latter personally... this wait is killing me.

I have this strange feeling now that all the late March dates are filled up, and my file is sitting in a large pile on Deborah's desk!

Goodness, I just want to know. Like the Tarzan/Phil Collins song. Four weeks seems like an awfully long time (I applied to the states so I have been waiting for 9 months now, and this is pretty much the last school I will be hearing from, we from way too many schools!).

Good luck everyone still waiting! I hope we get responses soon!

Goodness, I just want to know. Like the Tarzan/Phil Collins song. Four weeks seems like an awfully long time (I applied to the states so I have been waiting for 9 months now, and this is pretty much the last school I will be hearing from, we from way too many schools!).

Good luck everyone still waiting! I hope we get responses soon!

haha, yes, this is exactly how I'm feeling! I always thought I'd be afraid of my email, worrying it would just show me a big depressing rejection email. Now I really just want to know!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

I've been reading this hope box from day one and I think its time I make a post. I'm still in the same boat of many of you not hearing back yet. I'm getting paranoid thinking I may have missed the e-mail, or it may have been put in my spam and I missed that too. I mean there is really no way to tell if we missed the message until April comes.

I had a midterm yesterday, but since invites were going out, I had such a HARD time trying to study without checking my iphone every 5 min. I officially know what it feels like to have an addiction.

I know that a lot of the invites given out yesterday were from the 23-25. Does that mean they have filled up the march dates then or are they spreading out the invite requests. Would they really interview undergrads during April when we have our finals?

You know another thing I noticed, is that people who should have been "Flagged" for the MCAT are now hearing back. Maybe UT has some sort of system to take these people to the side and look at them later?

You know another thing I noticed, is that people who should have been "Flagged" for the MCAT are now hearing back. Maybe UT has some sort of system to take these people to the side and look at them later?

I've noticed this, too. And it's somewhat concerning as it stands to reason that flagged applicants would have been reviewed after going through files of non-flagged applicants

non-flagged applicants who still haven't heard back = trouble?

I've noticed this, too. And it's somewhat concerning as it stands to reason that flagged applicants would have been reviewed after going through files of non-flagged applicants

non-flagged applicants who still haven't heard back = trouble?

I know! My MCAT was flagged in one section so maybe I'll be hearing back soon. Who knows. But im starting to think that there is a system to this.

Would they really interview undergrads during April when we have our finals?

I was interviewed as an undergrad. My interview was a Saturday in mid April, directly in the middle of my exam schedule. I wrote a final friday afternoon and then raced to the airport. I got to the Delta Chelsea at about 11:30 pm, and then had to go find supper (Yonge Street). I got to bed around 12:30 am, had to be at the interview site for 8 am, and then flew home that afternoon. I think that I had a day or two before the next final.

I was interviewed as an undergrad. My interview was a Saturday in mid April, directly in the middle of my exam schedule. I wrote a final friday afternoon and then raced to the airport. I got to the Delta Chelsea at about 11:30 pm, and then had to go find supper (Yonge Street). I got to bed around 12:30 am, had to be at the interview site for 8 am, and then flew home that afternoon. I think that I had a day or two before the next final.

Wow! Honestly I wouldn't have been able to pull that off. When did you manage to find time to prep for the interview?

fffff....so frustrating. I feel pretty sure I'm out of the running. I had asked for a March 25th date cause I'm out of the country (and have to be in Toronto for my Ottawa interview that weekend), and I'm sure they would've notified by now to allow for travel arrangements. Would be so much easier if they just told me "invite" or "not". I doubt they'd be mean enough to invite me for a later date knowing I'd have to pay for an extra flight. ....sorry had to vent and knew you guys would be listening. E-hug to all.

There is still 2 weeks, you might find out in that time. Since you said you'll be in town on that date, they might think you would be fine with getting that date last minute.

The way i am trying to stay positive is that if I am lucky enough to get an interview, the later you get one the less time you have to stress about how you did during the interview before you find out if you're accepted or not.. So if I was lucky enough to get an interview for the April 20th weekend, you would only have around 3 weeks before May 15th. I don't know if this helps or not but it helps me a little.

I'm thinking this way too.

I actually think it would be better to hear if I get an interview or not *after* my Mac interview on March 24th. So I can focus on one thing at a time.

Archived