Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG...thank you to all who have listened to my morning rant and made me feel so much better!! I truly respect all of you and would be blessed to sit in the same class as any of you next year. As for many of you, this is my third time applying to UofT (the first time was in UG). The last two times I took rejection lightly and looked to see how I good better myself. For some reason I simply snapped a little this weekend but now I feel better. I think the long wait has gotten to me, but at least I'm prepared for the worst and hoping for the best!

A big E-hug to all you talented intelligent people!

Hey Demanda, hang in there. I don't think any applicants with a PhD have heard anything back yet...its probably takes them longer to assess your files due to more academic achievements. Who knows maybe they plan to interview all PhDs on the 20th of april...

Guest Fresh_Underwear
OMG...thank you to all who have listened to my morning rant and made me feel so much better!! I truly respect all of you and would be blessed to sit in the same class as any of you next year. As for many of you, this is my third time applying to UofT (the first time was in UG). The last two times I took rejection lightly and looked to see how I good better myself. For some reason I simply snapped a little this weekend but now I feel better. I think the long wait has gotten to me, but at least I'm prepared for the worst and hoping for the best!

A big E-hug to all you talented intelligent people!

Don't get your hopes up. I am in the same position (PhD student) with similar background. I know only know a small number of PhD students in my department who have received interview invites and they are all for the end of March. Many have not heard so far. They generally take much longer to review PhD files. So no news is still good news.

Cheers! :)

Seems like a very quite day today. Now that all my midterms are finally over I'm going to occupy myself with watching enormous amounts of TV and movies to keep my mind off of this. I don't really like the way they roll out the interview requests. It's nice to know in one day if you got one or not. At least in that sense your not worried if you managed to miss/delete the ever so important email.

Not to add to the freaking out, but my invite did go to my Spam folder. Luckily I get a reminder email whenever I have things in my spam, so I checked it. You can avoid the emails heading to your spam folder by adding both leslie and deborah to your email contacts so the emails are directed to your inbox. Not sure why they would go to spam, but I remember reading someone else experiencing the same thing so it might be fairly common.

I've checked my spam every day so I know it's not in there. But I can't help doubting myself to some extent.

Imagine waiting for interview invites back in the day when blogs and email didn't exist!

You'd have to wait blindly for snail mail or perhaps carrier pigeon!

Imagine waiting for interview invites back in the day when blogs and email didn't exist!

You'd have to wait blindly for snail mail or perhaps carrier pigeon!

I actually laughed!

I remember from last time I applied that either Deborah or Leslie said that you cannot miss your chance. If you don't respond, they will find a way to contact you and get an answer before your spot is given to someone else. However, I don't remember if this was in reference to interviews or acceptances...

Just a heads up for those waiting, I had to reschedule my interview date to April and just got the reply that they will not be sending out the April invites for a couple of weeks. Maybe that info might help someone!

Deborah hinted that something would go out this week on her twitter (her tweet from last Sat: "No more emails til next week") So I guess if you hear from U of T this week, it's likely regrets.

Unless I've misinterpreted and/or read too much into Deborah's terse tweet

Wait, but in my above post, I haven't considered the possibility that more March invites could still go out, which I doubt, but it remains a possibility

Ya I bet there will be more invites this week for the March weekend. On the blog it was mentioned that Leslie may not have sent all of the March invites out by last Friday, and that there will most likely be some people wanting to change their date to April and some who have already accepted in the states or other programs.

But, ya, the next wave of rejections is likely imminent! eeek!

Gmail did not spam my letter.

my mail is sent to Gmail, but through my school account (UWO). UWO quite possibly has the worst email system ever to grace the internet. It has a really random spam trap, so often it will spam messages before sending them through to my gmail.

Just wanted to let you Hope Boxers know that I was offered an interview this past Friday for March 24th, which I am now turning down, as I have just been accepted at Dalhousie (I'm a resident of Nova Scotia).

So hopefully someone else will get an offer to fill that interview timeslot shortly! Good luck everyone!

Archived