Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15th

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah - that is the trouble about EVER doing anything early. You end up with a painful follow up.

9 days to go! Almost one week. hang in there people!

Thankfully I have a new job starting tomorrow, so these 9 days will hopefully go by pretty quickly. Maybe a camping trip next weekend depending on the weather will help me pass the remaining days away. I wish they'd just e-mail us the decision as soon as they've made it, instead of waiting until May 15th.

Thankfully I have a new job starting tomorrow, so these 9 days will hopefully go by pretty quickly. Maybe a camping trip next weekend depending on the weather will help me pass the remaining days away. I wish they'd just e-mail us the decision as soon as they've made it, instead of waiting until May 15th.

hehehe well the trouble is they often haven't fully made the decisions until close to the deadline. There are all these checks etc and if even one person has to be confirmed for something plays a role in the entire acceptance/waitlist order. I know Toronto from their blog for instance says they aren't done yet. Annoying but these things take time

hehehe well the trouble is they often haven't fully made the decisions until close to the deadline. There are all these checks etc and if even one person has to be confirmed for something plays a role in the entire acceptance/waitlist order. I know Toronto from their blog for instance says they aren't done yet. Annoying but these things take time

But, how have they not made the decisions? The GPA, MCAT and interview score have been determined already. All that's left to do is compile them and aggregate a total score for ranking, no?

It's not like the admissions committee votes on each application, or do they?

Boy do I wish I could hibernate off this week!

At this point, I can't even seem to get worked up or tense about my licensing exam on the 15th. It's like a mix of traditional "exam worry" and "eager expectancy". The two alternate across the minutes of every day.

I love my work, but this week I do not think I will get much done....I also want to simply stay at home and distract myself by reading some random Sherlock Holmes mysteries (solving mysteries with Mr. Holmes is better than endlessly analyzing my chances of an acceptance) lol.

Count me in!

Well nevermind... I just looked at flights to Bora Bora... hotel accommodations, flight, extras factor in at around 7,000 per person for one week...

Anybody wanna call Seymour Schulich and say, applying to medical school makes us stressed and we need to get ourselves to Bora Bora to de-stress?

Archived