Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15th

At least most of you guys can just wake up and rush to your computer to check the results right away :P I have no idea how I'm going to get through a whole day of work without checking my emails...I can't believe in like 24 hours we are going to know the results about our future!! It's been such a long year building up to this, soooo nervous!!

p.s. I'll probably keep myself entertained all day by watching you guys freak out and post on the forum :) Hope you all get good news!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol I am terrified. I only had one interview (Western) and I forgot to say so much stuff. All I can think about is the million things I should have added to my answers. So yes I am terrified.

I feel exactly the same!! But overall I think I did ok when I consider that everyone feels like this after their interview. But ya, when you only have one shot, it makes this process so much more stressful and anxiety-ridden lol

Chill people. Stressing won't change anything. It'll just end up with you being disappointed in yourself for no reason and regretting your performance in the interview.

Be confident in yourselves. You put your best foot forward. If Western takes you, awesome! If they don't, its seriously their loss. Some other school will take you, and their classes will be better off for it.

Sit back and just enjoy the gorgeous weather. Whatever happens tomorrow was already decided a looong time ago.

Chill people. Stressing won't change anything. It'll just end up with you being disappointed in yourself for no reason and regretting your performance in the interview.

Be confident in yourselves. You put your best foot forward. If Western takes you, awesome! If they don't, its seriously their loss. Some other school will take you, and their classes will be better off for it.

Sit back and just enjoy the gorgeous weather. Whatever happens tomorrow was already decided a looong time ago.

A post befitting your Username (if obi is short for Obi Wan Kinobi) :D

My chill pill is music, and I'm definitely high on it right now!

A post befitting your Username (if obi is short for Obi Wan Kinobi) :D

My chill pill is music, and I'm definitely high on it right now!

Interestingly enough it is a starwars reference. My usual online monicker is obiwansbane from the days of endlessly playing Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast. There was a troll on the server i frequented named Obiwan, so I killed him repeatedly till he left. The server admin changed my name to obiwansbane and it stuck :P

I.am.freaking.out. Oh man. Waking up with a HR of 120 is not fun. If anyone has free time today, a good distraction is watching the avengers in 3d with rumble seats. Only thought about emails 4 times during the whole movie last night

hang in there! Almost getting to the around 20 hour mark now :)

Hope the time goes as fast as it can. We really do feel for all the applicants over here. We know how stressful it can be. I hope I will be able to digitally celebrate with you tomorrow!

I still think that my interview went really well. But I think that everyone will come out of an interview wishing they had just said one more thing or expanded on a point. I think the hard thing now is that we don't have any control over anything. It's difficult to sit by and realize that a decision has been made and there's nothing you can do about it :P

No nice weather here lol All rainy and cold in Oxford :(

I think I'm going to throw-up lol

I'm past the point of nausea... 14 hours... I think I'm going to be taking a .5 mg of Xanax to get some sleep.

Best of luck tomorrow guys and gals-this day draws to a close!

Same to you! :)

The title of the acceptance email is exactly what I have written "Good News from Schulich Medicine" and the waitlist email that I got 2 years ago was entitled "Schulich Medicine Waitlist". (I remember being an applicant not too long ago and wanting to know these seemingly meaningless details ;) ).

Sorry, couldn't resist searching old threads... thinking about an all-nighter! Good luck everyone :)

Just to carry on the tradition - and perhaps my signature will make more sense now -

(Space Oddity, which was playing on the radio when I checked my application status three years ago)

Ground Control to Major Tom

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Commencing countdown, engines on

Check ignition and may God's love be with you

(spoken)

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff

--------

Good luck everyone! - T minus about 9 hours, and counting.......

Archived