Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15th

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a notification early this morning (about 1:30 am) about a new post to this thread (of course it is gone now) ... so it would appear whatever happened was fairly recent. Really strange though!

That was me, and the message said.

2 Days!

:cool:

Anyways i've recently taken to watching firefly. Its actually really really good. Not the kind of show that you would wait a week to see the next episode, but if you have the whole season in front of you its just really nice story telling.

I have been hearing that Western is slow with the emails and they send them out like in the afternoon around 2 pm on Tuesday. Anyone else heard something like this or knows when they roughly sent them out last year?

The trouble with this game is do anything late or early once and that gets really focussed on :) Western is no different than everywhere else really - they try to send them out in the morning and if there is a technically hiccup or the email system is busy then there is a delay or some kind the go out later in the day. I would expect them in the morning but there isn't really anything going wrong if they are later. That is way no one ever says when on the release day they are going out

As usual the Western email and the people watching the forum will be looking at things closely on that day and do everything we can to make sure everyone is in the loop!

Historically they have gone out in the morning, with last year being the exception. Just try to sleep in and check your email after you wake up and had your coffee :P

So I've found a great way to make the weekend pass and forget that it's already Monday (time difference)....read/edit your boyfriend's 50 page dissertation on concrete mixing....my brain was so fried I didn't even realize it was so soon! I know tomorrow I'm going to be freaking out so much!!

Good luck to everyone here :) It has been great getting to know everyone over the past year and I hope that we all get in somewhere we want to go (aka Western :) )

Historically they have gone out in the morning, with last year being the exception. Just try to sleep in and check your email after you wake up and had your coffee :P

So I've found a great way to make the weekend pass and forget that it's already Monday (time difference)....read/edit your boyfriend's 50 page dissertation on concrete mixing....my brain was so fried I didn't even realize it was so soon! I know tomorrow I'm going to be freaking out so much!!

Good luck to everyone here :) It has been great getting to know everyone over the past year and I hope that we all get in somewhere we want to go (aka Western :) )

Agreed :) And if everyone on here gets in except me I will try not to be too bitter, but if I say something mean please excuse me ;)

Agreed :) And if everyone on here gets in except me I will try not to be too bitter, but if I say something mean please excuse me ;)

Silverwhale9, I have a vested interest in people with our particular set of interview-statuses getting in. Hope we get to choose between two great schools and simultaneously make someone's day by refusing one :D

Is anyone else less 'excited' and 'psyched and more downright terrified? At least until you know, you can hope.... kind of like buying a lottery ticket

This is how I feel. I've essentially given up on UWO and Queen's since my interviews went really poorly there so if I have a chance anywhere, it's Mac...but I'm a little terrified to actually get the emails

Is anyone else less 'excited' and 'psyched and more downright terrified? At least until you know, you can hope.... kind of like buying a lottery ticket

OH god yes..... a little bit terrified right now... extra terrified because plan B is to look for a job in this economy... :(

I'm feeling the same way as everyone else...nervous, excited, terrified etc. I'm trying to plan some stuff for the summer but my mind can't think past Tuesday. Oh well...I'd just like to say good luck to everyone and I hope that we all get that positive result!

OH god yes..... a little bit terrified right now... extra terrified because plan B is to look for a job in this economy... :(

Working was my plan B from last year...was very lucky to get a great fulfilling job in my region's health department but I agree, it's tough to get one these days. Hopefully, you won't need to carryout that plan after Tuesday:)

Woke up this morning with a nightmare that I was trying to check my acceptance/rejection on the Western website but you needed a code, and they apparently gave the password during the interviews, but I never got one. And I saw everyone on here posting about their news and I couldn't check lol Can't even imagine how I'm going to fall asleep tonight/make it through the whole day tomorrow.

I.am.freaking.out. Oh man. Waking up with a HR of 120 is not fun. If anyone has free time today, a good distraction is watching the avengers in 3d with rumble seats. Only thought about emails 4 times during the whole movie last night

Me too... We're 25-26 hours away... not much longer now.

I feel like tonight is going to be a cross between the night before Christmas and the night before my MCAT :P so I am going to be super excited as well as absolutely terrified.

I almost think this is worse...

Me too... We're 25-26 hours away... not much longer now.

I almost think this is worse...

It is worse than MCAT night because I have no control over the decision, whereas for my MCAT I was really just relying on myself. But it's also better cause there is the possibility of good news, whereas you don't know your MCAT score right after the exam. So it's nice to know that one way or another I will get an answer tomorrow.

Archived