Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15th

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the meantime, I'm wasting time by going through the accepted/rejected thread and finding out trivial information like (maybe some people were wondering this...:) ):

Recent start times of acceptances/waitlists/rejections in may:

2008- no data available

2009- started at 9:00 AM (may 15th)

2010- as early as 9:35 (may 13th)

2011- around noon (may 5th)

2012- estimated for around 9AM (may 15th)?

I predict 9 AM :)

Last year I think they had some last minute issues with the acceptance letters - I got a very informal email around 11 or noon saying that I was accepted but they lost the actual acceptance email or something, and a new one would turn up later. It turned up a few hours later. So if all the other years have been earlier, it will probably be earlier this year too.

Last year I think they had some last minute issues with the acceptance letters - I got a very informal email around 11 or noon saying that I was accepted but they lost the actual acceptance email or something, and a new one would turn up later. It turned up a few hours later. So if all the other years have been earlier, it will probably be earlier this year too.

Acceptance letter sounds nice :)

I almost wish for school/exams again ... at least it kept my mind busy, and the wait for May 15th didn't seem that bad. Now it's all I can think about :P Maybe when work and soccer coaching start next week I will have other things to think about :)

Yeah, having work to keep yourself busy with is a GOOD thing.

12 days left...

Every passing day seems to bring the certainty that I will hit new limits of my dwindling, diminishing sanity as I await the inevitable. My evolved cortical brain passionately tries to exert rational, logic-based influence to bring about some mental calm while my unbound, ravenous basal ganglia coax my amygdala to gather all the primitive, neuronal troops and march forwards (or anterosuperiorly) towards a catharsis of emotions.

The question is - when will this explosion occur? 12 days to go.....

Every passing day seems to bring the certainty that I will hit new limits of my dwindling, diminishing sanity as I await the inevitable. My evolved cortical brain passionately tries to exert rational, logic-based influence to bring about some mental calm while my unbound, ravenous basal ganglia coax my amygdala to gather all the primitive, neuronal troops and march forwards (or anterosuperiorly) towards a catharsis of emotions.

The question is - when will this explosion occur? 12 days to go.....

Catharsis... I'm almost there.

Just had my going away party since I'm off to UK for the summer and said goodbye to everyone since I'm hoping that I'll be in a different city by the time I get back....that would be an awkward conversation in September, "hey welcome back party?" :P

For me it's the exam marks that are freaking me out. I keep refreshing like 8 times a day. Plus I have packing up my entire life to distract me lol hopefully this can sustain me for another 11 days!

Just had my going away party since I'm off to UK for the summer and said goodbye to everyone since I'm hoping that I'll be in a different city by the time I get back....that would be an awkward conversation in September, "hey welcome back party?" :P

For me it's the exam marks that are freaking me out. I keep refreshing like 8 times a day. Plus I have packing up my entire life to distract me lol hopefully this can sustain me for another 11 days!

Packing is a good way to kill time. You can procrastinate it and pack bits at a time.

Packing is a good way to kill time.

When I read this, it randomly reminded me of a line from a LilWayne song that I heard on the radio this morning...."and we're like murderers because we kill time..." lol..seems like he would easily be able to pass the time, unlike myself who is counting almost every minute!

DeeDoc, now that my mark for a course that I was super worried about (aka organic chem) finally came in and I did great, I have nothing else to worry about!! Now I'm starting to panic like you guys for May 15th lol

Nice DeeDoc...Every kid in high school right now is yolo-ing. I know this because I have sister in Gr 9 and she says it all the time! It seems like the thing to say at the moment. lol

Well, that's the motto.

DeeDoc, now that my mark for a course that I was super worried about (aka organic chem) finally came in and I did great, I have nothing else to worry about!! Now I'm starting to panic like you guys for May 15th lol

Welcome to the club! Congrats on the orgo mark!

Archived