Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15th

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember official rejections, but I do remember some people last year posting they were on the "low" waitlist, which essentially means, barring major waitlist movement, you have little chance.

Also, the high waitlist is quite conservative, and almost always (at least for the past two/three years based on older pm101 posts) everyone on the high waitlist has gotten in.

I was on the normal waitlist (don't know what my positions was) and within a 2 days of the high waitlist movement (1-2 days), I was offered a position (so 4 days after the last official day in May to accept your offer). Just to show it's not an "unofficial" rejection if you're not high waitlisted.

I don't remember official rejections, but I do remember some people last year posting they were on the "low" waitlist, which essentially means, barring major waitlist movement, you have little chance.

Also, the high waitlist is quite conservative, and almost always (at least for the past two/three years based on older pm101 posts) everyone on the high waitlist has gotten in.

I was on the normal waitlist (don't know what my positions was) and within a 2 days of the high waitlist movement (1-2 days), I was offered a position (so 4 days after the last official day in May to accept your offer). Just to show it's not an "unofficial" rejection if you're not high waitlisted.

That clarifies things...I got high wait list too!

anyone here outright denied?

I just want to make sure whether those who've been waitlisted are 'unofficially' rejected unless you've been HIGH WAITLISTED

well we do take people often off of the regular wait list as well (i.e. we traditionally clear the high wait list and then go a bit into the regular list)

well we do take people often off of the regular wait list as well (i.e. we traditionally clear the high wait list and then go a bit into the regular list)

When you mean "a bit" are you saying that it is less than a 50% chance because I read somewhere here on the forums that the regular waitlist is likely to go approx half-way through(give or take some) by the time the class is full?

Congratulations everyone!! I'm actually like dying at work right now, my heart is beating super fast and my stomach is in notes. 2 more hours until I can check :(

Did the email title say where you are, or just in the email body itself?

Congratulations everyone!! I'm actually like dying at work right now, my heart is beating super fast and my stomach is in notes. 2 more hours until I can check :(

Subject line of mine was "Good News from Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry". Good luck!!

Dassy why can't you check now? Surely your boss would understand if you had to take a minute to see!

How come some people have an unspecified campus? Is that to let people decline their offer so spots at both campuses open up, then those with an unspecified campus are more likely to get their first choice of campus ahead of people on the waitlist? Only reason I can think of. Cause you would think in some cases applicants might want to know what campus they get before accepting the offer or something.

How come some people have an unspecified campus? Is that to let people decline their offer so spots at both campuses open up, then those with an unspecified campus are more likely to get their first choice of campus ahead of people on the waitlist? Only reason I can think of. Cause you would think in some cases applicants might want to know what campus they get before accepting the offer or something.

I think the idea they are going for is that Western doesn't want to tell people they got their 2nd choice, and have them rejecting their offer because of that. Because if they wait a few weeks a spot may open up for them in their 1st campus choice.

I think the idea they are going for is that Western doesn't want to tell people they got their 2nd choice, and have them rejecting their offer because of that. Because if they wait a few weeks a spot may open up for them in their 1st campus choice.

That's what I figured :) Glad I know campus though, anyway.

You would think... right?

I'm a little frustrated, cuz I just want to know already.

does anyone know approximately when the regular wait list would start to move?.. i.e. when we should throw in the towel??:( :( :(

Last year initial acceptances went out May 5th. They ran through the entire high priority waitlist on June 1st, and through a good chunk of the normal waitlist on June 2nd. A few people got accepted after that as well, the last person being somewhere in late July.

Archived