Premed 101 Forums

2014 Backpack Colour

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha good question. As an undergrad, I used to bring all my stuff for work, sometimes stuff for the gym, and more textbooks/binders than I would ever possibly have time to study from. For some reason, I was always worried I would be caught without something to do, so I just brought LOTS lol. I'm all about efficiency ;). Actually, my bag traditionally has a whole pharmacy in it as well; everything I need to spend the night somewhere else haha.

So I guess now it will be pharmacy + gym + laptop/notes?

Large backpacks are gross. They're also saggy. What are you guys gonna put in there anyways? I know I definitely aint gonna lug textbooks back and forth.

Believe it or not, I actually found the MD backpack to be a little too small if you pack lunch and bring clothes to change after gym.

hi ellorie,

they usually replace backpacks in the same colour. You would need to speak with CMA/MD management about this because i think there may be no more bags for our year. The quality was not super great and lots of people needed replacements early on. I know someone in my class who contacted them to try and get a new one and there were none left. Maybe things are different in Ontario?

Believe it or not, I actually found the MD backpack to be a little too small if you pack lunch and bring clothes to change after gym.

same - probably because of all the compartments. When I take in on call I have food for 30 hours, laptop, personal care kit, gym clothes and shoes. Basically I have a lot of stuff :)

Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to let you know there are some limitations to the backpacks. We do our best efforts to help you repair but the warrenty covers defects in manufacturing. Wear and Tear and normal use isn't always covered. We do order a few extras every year but we generally only have a few extras on hand to replace as we would have to keep a HUGE supply. Generally we only order enough for the incoming class.

Glad to see you guys are using them.

same - probably because of all the compartments. When I take in on call I have food for 30 hours, laptop, personal care kit, gym clothes and shoes. Basically I have a lot of stuff :)

Why don't you put those in your locker? Like workout clothes I can understand. But personal care kit and shoes and laptop I don't really understand why you need to carry them back and forth.

Why don't you put those in your locker? Like workout clothes I can understand. But personal care kit and shoes and laptop I don't really understand why you need to carry them back and forth.

because often the locker you are given is absolutely no where near anything :) In ottawa my locker is on the 7th floor back corner in a wing of the hospital I never go to. Literally takes 10-15 minutes to get there and back (when you can be paged at anytime), and is 4 floors up and a different wing than the call rooms. At Western when I was there the 4th years didn't even have a locker and as a clerk we didn't get one either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived