Premed 101 Forums

May 11, 2016 Support Thread

Exactly the reason why I told limited people. Best friends and family. No one at work knows and no one outside immediate family and in-laws. Extended family doesn't know either. Just can't bear people asking. That was the worst part when I was writing the MCAT and waiting for scores...so I have no desire to re-live that feeling. Pretty much the people who do know know I will tell them when I know...and have had a minute to process it...and that's about all there is to it. If anyone asks, just tell them you will tell them as soon as you know but until then, you'd appreciate no questions as it's a reminder that is hard on you right now.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the opposite for me; I am the one who keeps reminding my immediate family "2 weeks left!" or "10 days left!". In fact, sometimes I talk about it so much that they become sick of it hahaha :P . But jokes aside, that's a way for me to cope with the nerves I guess :D .

No one knows at my work though. And I'm working that day. At least if I receive good news, everyone at my work place is going to be surprised with a bunch of donuts and sweets from Timmies :)

It's the opposite for me; I am the one who keeps reminding my immediate family "2 weeks left!" or "10 days left!". In fact, sometimes I talk about it so much that they become sick of it hahaha :P . But jokes aside, that's a way for me to cope with the nerves I guess :D .

No one knows at my work though. And I'm working that day. At least if I receive good news, everyone at my work place is going to be surprised with a bunch of donuts and sweets from Timmies :)

Are you just going to tell your workplace and btw, I applied to med school and got in this year if you get in and then treat them to sweets :P? I am not sure if I could do this b/c somehow I feel guilty for having applied...like somehow I am betraying my workplace? Am I just crazy for thinking that way? I am still debating on how to break it to them if I am leaving...but that's only if I get in, and I am trying not to be that optimistic lol.

Hahaha yeah ????

[Door opens. Enter, Neurophiliac]

Me: Hello, hello!

Co-workers: Hi! Umm.. Woah, what's with all these donuts??

Me: I got into UBC Medicine!

Co-workers: Wait, whaaaaaaaaat??

Me: These are for you guys!

Co-workers: Sure, we'll take em'!

Me: Yeah, peace out! I quit ya'll!

The end.

Naaaahhh, I won't quit :P ! I actually love this part-time job I have :) . Technically, my boss knows I applied haha. I told her that I will try my best to maintain the part-time work with the school load, if I am to receive an offer. But everyone else doesn't know!

There is a party at U of C today! I envy those guys for getting their decision so early haha :P

Yeah, it came like a bolt from the blue, it was supposed to be tomorrow, absolute earliest. It ... did not please me.

I am definitely feeling the nerves. :confused:

Last chance for Canadian schools as I have an American offer. Big debt, big money, big risk, and big strain on family finances. I just try to take quiet moments to reflect on how I have been so fortunate and dissolve myself along with my anxiety for the upcoming decision.

I am definitely feeling the nerves. :confused:

Last chance for Canadian schools as I have an American offer. Big debt, big money, big risk, and big strain on family finances. I just try to take quiet moments to reflect on how I have been so fortunate and dissolve myself along with my anxiety for the upcoming decision.

Welcome to the club, my friend! :D

Personally, I've tried to make my peace. I bombed 3 stations and with an A- average, there is no way in Hell i could get in

I know, I feel ya. But I think a quarter of the class still gets in with 75 to 85 so you never know. 

Best of luck to all of us for this week. 

Archived