Premed 101 Forums

Decision day

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, peanut.socks said:

What do you mean? I don’t think the geography influences the ranked list (aside from the max number of OOP offers they can send)

I think the reasoning is that OOP people who got interviews will have higher than average stats so they'll more likely have higher ranking on the waitlist? I don't know if that checks out, my brain is tired, so I'd have to think about it more. I think the one flaw in this reasoning is that the OOP quota is smaller...but then again I don't know how UBC deals with waitlisted OOP applicants on the rank list.

6 minutes ago, Persephone said:

I think the reasoning is that OOP people who got interviews will have higher than average stats so they'll more likely have higher ranking on the waitlist? I don't know if that checks out, my brain is tired, so I'd have to think about it more. I think the one flaw in this reasoning is that the OOP quota is smaller...but then again I don't know how UBC deals with waitlisted OOP applicants on the rank list.

This. Also OOP applicants are more likely to be offered spots in other med schools (more competitive applicants) and they often end up taking spots closer to home.

If you look at the UBC stats for the past few years, more OOP applicants have rejected offers than IP applicants.

To be clear, geography does not impact an applicant’s position on the waitlist!

1 hour ago, Chaplin said:

Can't sleep. Going over two confused blundrish sentences I said to the actor during the acting station. Wishing the mods hadn't removed the post interview discussion thread for this cycle.

I'm just going to work out.

Unlikely these 2 sentences are going to sink you. You are overthinking it.

5 hours ago, Chaplin said:

Can't sleep. Going over two confused blundrish sentences I said to the actor during the acting station. Wishing the mods hadn't removed the post interview discussion thread for this cycle.

we removed something? Curious......(?) 

6 hours ago, Chaplin said:

This. I keep going over everything from the interview in my head! 

1 minute ago, this_process_is_death said:

Do yall think they're releasing in the morning like a few years ago or in the afternoon like last year?

Not sure. Anybody’s guess. All I know is I’m currently sitting on my couch thinking about how life is crazy. 

1 minute ago, this_process_is_death said:

This has been the longest rollecoaster ride of my life. Lowkey might actually puke before the end of the day. Will update soon

Aw, deep breaths! I am trying to do that anyway. Take things slow. My whole body is a tense mess...I've been avoiding breakfast, but I think it might help me feel less all over the place....do something that makes you feel good/calm!

11 minutes ago, Persephone said:

I feel ya. Like I said to my bf, this is like being on the worst rollercoaster ride

Agreed. 

8 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

This has been the longest rollecoaster ride of my life. Lowkey might actually puke before the end of the day. Will update soon

The med application process is so long. It can get unbearable at times.

1 minute ago, Persephone said:

It's definitely a test of our stamina and tolerance for stress

It really is I am afraid - medicine seems to love those sorts of things. Hopefully the clerk at that end has had there coffee this morning and will get to things quick :)

1 minute ago, rmorelan said:

It really is I am afraid - medicine seems to love those sorts of things. Hopefully the clerk at that end has had there coffee this morning and will get to things quick :)

I would take rest of the day off work right now and personally deliver them Starbucks if it would help speed things up, lol. 

Archived