Premed 101 Forums

Decision Letters Date

I've heard that decision letters were sent out on the 24th last year, but I've also heard that applicants that have gotten waitlisted can wait until as late as August to find out... I've been attempting to distract myself by playing xbox to forget about the looming decision letters lol

Historically decision letters have come out during the March break week. However, COVID may have forever shifted this pattern (they came out the week after last year, though this could have been influenced by delta...). And if it isn't this week, at least it can more or less only be next week hahaha.

18 minutes ago, johndoe1 said:

Historically decision letters have come out during the March break week. However, COVID may have forever shifted this pattern (they came out the week after last year, though this could have been influenced by delta...). And if it isn't this week, at least it can more or less only be next week hahaha.

I'm hoping that since they've worked out the kinks with online MMIs this year they'll have decision letters out at a normal time, i.e., this week

25 minutes ago, DrKing said:

Staring at my blank wall

This process is so much more waiting than I realized when I started. First you wait for MCAT results, then CASPER results, then to see if you got interview invites, then if your verifiers are checked, and now this. In the grand scheme of things, even two more weeks is nothing, but the suspense is finally getting to me.

1 hour ago, OldManNearTheSea said:

This process is so much more waiting than I realized when I started. First you wait for MCAT results, then CASPER results, then to see if you got interview invites, then if your verifiers are checked, and now this. In the grand scheme of things, even two more weeks is nothing, but the suspense is finally getting to me.

All that compounded with multiple cycles really takes a toll. Especially if sitting on waitlists all the way to September. 

EDIT: fixed a word

2 hours ago, OldManNearTheSea said:

First time? James Franco hanging meme. - Keep Meme

23 hours ago, PEIhopeful97 said:

I wish there was one time during the day that we knew that they were going to release results...like if it's going to be today it will be at 9 am! I literally have to use an app to block my e-mail so that I'm not constantly refreshing it! Guess it's not this week :( . 

I think they’re generally released around noon, a bit before or after from what I’ve seen over the years! Definitely not an exact time. I think my year was just before 12, like 11:34am or something if I remember correctly haha.

Someone can dispute me on this though, I very well could be wrong.