Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is wrong with donald trump and his statement?

I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling. 

what do you call this then?

Obama's War Crimes: The U.S. Drone War

More evidence of radicalization in the US? American Democrats are largely right wing scumbags. 

like i said before please try to educate me instead of running away.

Against my better judgment, I'll bite. Keep in mind though that this is a casual thread - if you want a debate, start a new thread on the topic. I'll say my peace, but won't engage further here.

Temporarily setting aside the racism and discriminatory Islamophobia in Trump's remarks, Trump's an idiot because what he's saying is helping radicalized Islamist groups, including outright terrorist groups, recruit and grow. Extremist Muslims need new recruits constantly to keep up their numbers and that requires convincing potential recruits that Western powers are their enemy, one that has to be fought with extreme measures. Trump has essentially come out and said that the US should be suspicious, if not outright hostile, to all Muslims. Groups like ISIS now have a leading US presidential candidate arguing vehemently that all Muslims, including those who have actively assisted the US in its fight against radical Islamists, should be treated with suspicion and denied privileges based solely on their religion. He's lumping people like recent Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai - who was shot for standing up against the extremes of certain factions of Islam - with the very people who shot her. He's legitimizing our enemy's propaganda while alienating current and potential friends in the Muslim community.

I want to see Islamic-based terrorism ended. Even if he never wins the election, Trump's self-serving rhetoric risks setting that cause back significantly.

ok fair enough i can definitely see your peoples points and used to think the same way before..... I will refrain from posting my rebuttals as maybe it would be best to avoid debating this topic in this thread for now as this thread might get closed like my other one and everybody is probably tired of this subject...

Interesting when threads get closed down because people get upset that someone else has a different opinion.

The complexity lies in the fact that both sides have valid points and the solution is not going to be black or white but will have to integrate both concerns.

I must say Trump's words of choice are not always the best, but he is a traditionalist, a "tough love" type; if you ever care to listen to his full stance on certain issues, look up full interview videos he has done - not just snippets from debates or headlines from news. It's actually quite eye opening when he elaborates and explains his stance. I really think he needs better PR people to help him vocalize his ideas in a better way.

Got a 81 in one of my courses. This is just....#&@*

Considering I'm doing this yr JUST to add Ottawa to the list (and doing a second degree, where no fuck-ups are allowed) this is so frustrating and I can see my chances diminishing before my eyes. I guess I should count myself lucky that I didn't get below 80. :/

Sorry for being dramatic.

Was rereading some of my PMs to other successful second degree med applicants, before I had started mine. It's actually pretty surreal to realize that 3 yrs have passed and now I've submitted my first OMSAS app, and if they doesn't work out I'll be on track to getting my professional designation next yr! I feel quite proud for getting to a position where I'm eligible to have my file looked at by adcoms, because 3 yrs ago that would've been impossible.

I think somewhere along the way, I've forgotten how scared and hopeless I felt at the beginning of this endeavour, and how ecstatic and surprised I was when I received my first 90. Now I'm just taking things for granted, entitled... And getting lazy because of that. I've also gotten more neurotic at the same time.

Anyway, I should probably practice more self-reflection for my own well-being and for handling rejections/failures better. Hoping the positive attitude will stay and help me get through the next couple of months as I complete my second undergrad :)

Archived