Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked my MCAT scores. 128 in every section except for psych (130). Not bad for a summer of full-time work + studying...I mean on one hand this proves I'm not a complete idiot, on the other this ain't gonna cut it for Western, which is 1 of the 2 schools I applied too (other one being Queens)...gah!!!!!

Just checked my MCAT scores. 128 in every section except for psych (130). Not bad for a summer of full-time work + studying...I mean on one hand this proves I'm not a complete idiot, on the other this ain't gonna cut it for Western, which is 1 of the 2 schools I applied too (other one being Queens)...gah!!!!!

You really never know how things will go down with cutoffs with the new MCAT. I wouldn't give up just yet.

On the plus, all your application stuff is already in, so if you assume you're not getting in, you may get a very pleasant surprise in January. 

Very excited to find out who gets interviews come January! I think I'm probably going to see about being a student guide for interview day because I really want a sneak peek at next year's class. Seeing all the interviewees looking all terrified like I did last yeah, that'll be fun. :)

Best of luck in your apps, guys. It's worth it in the end!

Very excited to find out who gets interviews come January! I think I'm probably going to see about being a student guide for interview day because I really want a sneak peek at next year's class. Seeing all the interviewees looking all terrified like I did last yeah, that'll be fun. :)

Best of luck in your apps, guys. It's worth it in the end!

I volunteered every year - it is fun, and important to try to destress people I think :)

There were a number of 2017s involved at my Mac interview, but I suspect it's because by the time interviews roll around in March, Mac second years are well into clerkship (we start November of second year) so they are probably a bit too busy, though there were some second and third years at my interview day for sure.

I volunteered every year - it is fun, and important to try to destress people I think :)

Oh yes. The student volunteers were absolutely lovely for that on interview day. Big smiles and friendly faces - just what we all needed.

At Western the 2nd years are probably the least involved :P

probably :)

First years run the show - and it is pretty cool for them because only 8 months before they were getting accepted - it is all very fresh etc.

I was at the QA sessions each year plus a variety of other roles, and gave the welcome speech a couple of times. In my last year I interviewed people. Each year I got to do something different

probably :)

First years run the show - and it is pretty cool for them because only 8 months before they were getting accepted - it is all very fresh etc.

I was at the QA sessions each year plus a variety of other roles, and gave the welcome speech a couple of times. In my last year I interviewed people. Each year I got to do something different

Yeah, I'm hoping to participate in interview this year (3rd years seem to be more involved in those now), though I think I'm on my out-of-town rotation during those weekends  :(

I have a quick question. What if you (as an interviewer) knew someone you were interviewing? Is there a procedure for that or is it the luck of the draw? I'm assuming you'd have to declare a COI?

I believe (and honestly don't know for certain!) there is somewhere on the form that can be indicated by the interviewer. 

Yeah, I'm hoping to participate in interview this year (3rd years seem to be more involved in those now), though I think I'm on my out-of-town rotation during those weekends  :(

4th year is still best - ha it is a distraction prior to the carms results. Usually one weekend is right before :)

I believe (and honestly don't know for certain!) there is somewhere on the form that can be indicated by the interviewer. 

no point having a potential conflict at a panel based school etc so it would just be prevented. In an MMI perhaps you would have to indicate it as it is all rolling real time.

Archived