Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really liked Casper. I don't know if we first years will be allowed to participate in assessing responses but I really want to if I can.

havent seen Peep Show, but I typically enjoy British TV and have liked what I've seen of Mitchell and Webb so I'll probably take a look. On a bit of a Doctor Who kick right now so I'll need a different show once we catch up with the current series.

I recently started re-reading some more classic literature, and it's been nice to revisit some old favourites. Been rereading some of Shakespeare's plays since I'm hoping to see some performed live while we're in Ontario (doesn't happen much back home.)

I actually really liked Casper. I don't know if we first years will be allowed to participate in assessing responses but I really want to if I can.

havent seen Peep Show, but I typically enjoy British TV and have liked what I've seen of Mitchell and Webb so I'll probably take a look. On a bit of a Doctor Who kick right now so I'll need a different show once we catch up with the current series.

I recently started re-reading some more classic literature, and it's been nice to revisit some old favourites. Been rereading some of Shakespeare's plays since I'm hoping to see some performed live while we're in Ontario (doesn't happen much back home.)

I don't think you are sadly. It's through a third party now. Think it's because sometimes applicants had a med student from mac with them or just a med student with them. Idk that's just stories I have heard from here, I don't doubt it but I doubt MANY people did that. So much for integrity on their end. 

Weeelllll, if we're being honest… I loathe Casper with a passion, but maybe that's cause Mac rejected me in the past hahaha. But it's been a few years, so we'll see how I feel this time  :P

Just do your best, be yourself :D. This is my third time, might be going for a possible fourth next year haha. Just got to keep raising that GPA xD. 

Is anyone else having a difficult time sitting down and concentrating for extended periods of time? I wrote the MCAT recently and I swear ever since writing it I just can't seem to go for nearly as long without actively finding ways to distract myself. I think it might have to do with the insane amount of time I spent sitting at my desk studying and that I never really had any down time this summer and up until now--especially since I just finished all of my med school apps only a few days ago.

I'm really starting to realize the importance of personal time to just relax and take care of one self. 

that is one symptom of burnout - be careful!

Hmm...the thing is I don't feel burntout. Just kind of bored.

It might have to do with the fact that I've already satisfied all of my degree requirements but delayed graduation to further solidify my ECs (and b/c with the job market I would most likely end up doing work that is unrelated to my interests and that would likely not be intellectually stimulating).

Sounds like you could use some focused you-time to dedicate to things you enjoy so that when you need to be productive, you can be. :)

I go through periods of distractability like that myself, and like rmorelan said, it's usually an early sign I've been running too hard. 

Scored 90th+++ percentile in 3 out of 4 sections. C/P was significantly lower for me. I could have used more MCAT-level difficulty questions integrating biochem and novel question styles. Overall I shouldn't have to re-take and I should have a score good enough for the near future. The C/P kind of sucks though because I know the score I got isn't indicative of my understanding, I just got rocked by the style of question. Could have used some EK and NS exams for practice.

What is NS?

Next Step. They're an MCAT prep company like EK or TPR, etc.

Cool, I had never heard of them.

So I just assembled my stationary upright exercise bike that I bought. The kicker is that it has a laptop desk on it, so I can do homework or surf the web or whatever while I ride the bike. I literally don't think I'm ever not going to be exercising on this thing. I'm riding it right now as I type this lol.

I'm very afraid I may be facing a burn-out/have a burn-out waiting for me. After taking the Sept 23 MCAT and rushing like mad to submit my application last week, I tried to take the weekend off to recharge...my mind, however, had other plans and wouldn't relax. Now I have no choice but to work really hard to catch up on all the school work I've been neglecting.

Or maybe I'm just having a tired afternoon. Hopefully it's that.

We just had our Thanksgiving dinner today. First year that it's been just the four of us, so I wasn't splitting the work with anyone.

Best Thanksgiving yet. I made approximately enough to feed ten people so now I don't have to cook for several days.

did some readings for my human sexuality course just now. This is not as fun as I thought.

I suppose it's the same principle as not taking up a hobby as a career. Drains the fun out of it.

We just had our Thanksgiving dinner today. First year that it's been just the four of us, so I wasn't splitting the work with anyone.

Best Thanksgiving yet. I made approximately enough to feed ten people so now I don't have to cook for several days.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! :D My spouse and I had 11 people here today, so now we are having some much needed rest. Back to the books tomorrow though. 

I suppose it's the same principle as not taking up a hobby as a career. Drains the fun out of it.

This made me LOL!! 

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Got my white coat tonight. Took a few photos with the family, went home, immediately hung up white coat in the back of the closet where I expect it will remain for the majority of the rest of my education. 

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Got my white coat tonight. Took a few photos with the family, went home, immediately hung up white coat in the back of the closet where I expect it will remain for the majority of the rest of my education. 

Or pretty much forever......

actually you will need it for your license exam. You have to wear it for your part 2 exam :)

you may run into the odd doc that insists that you wear it at work as well. They are far and few between but do exist.

Archived