Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party 2020

21 minutes ago, seewhathappens said:

I'm starting to think that it doesn't matter when they were sent in previous years.  Fact is, there's been no real pattern to it, and it can come at any time - though they do tend to come in the afternoon...

Since they do rolling, I doubt Wendy goes "Hmm, what did I do last year - gotta leave a pattern for the PM101 kids".

Honestly having looked at this for years pattern are rare, and transient even if you do find them. 

my personal favourite example was when one of the office admins preferred the colour purple. So the invite notices in the purple folders went out first. Yellow was last. What was in the folders was random ha. Obviously this was for initial invites rather than the waitlist. 

1 minute ago, rmorelan said:

Honestly having looked at this for years pattern are rare, and transient even if you do find them. 

my personal favourite example was when one of the office admins preferred the colour purple. So the invite notices in the purple folders went out first. Yellow was last. What was in the folders was random ha. Obviously this was for initial invites rather than the waitlist. 

Haha this should be stickied so people stop trying to overread every little detail.

Though I'm impressed how well the Ottawa people managed to solve the waitlist timing puzzle by looking at timestamp of email creation (not send time)

Hey guys, I've been lurking here and refreshing this page with y'all 10 times a day since may 12. Very much appreciated the information sharing and encouragement! :) I want to give an update to the statistics that I've been lucky enough to receive a waitlist offer for Hamilton campus 15 minutes ago! 

1 minute ago, seewhathappens said:

Haha this should be stickied so people stop trying to overread every little detail.

Though I'm impressed how well the Ottawa people managed to solve the waitlist timing puzzle by looking at timestamp of email creation (not send time)

over analysis is how you make sure you don't miss any rules for the schools :) Hard to turn that off - it is entire mental engine that is running and doesn't know how to quit. 

It is pointless of course - and of course everyone knows this - yet it is a distraction at least