Premed 101 Forums

McGill Dentistry Invite/Regrets 2021

Result: Regrets :( 
GPA: 3.997
CV: Diverse, lots of research, volunteer, clubs
Year: undergrade complete

Feelings about Casper: felt good!

For anyone who has applied before, what information do they provide us with in the "ranking information" form? Do they tell us how our stats compared to others? How well we did on Casper? 

10 minutes ago, toothfairy992 said:

For anyone who has applied before, what information do they provide us with in the "ranking information" form? Do they tell us how our stats compared to others? How well we did on Casper? 

I don’t know about dentistry but for medicine last year they just gave the total ranking of your application so like x/800 applicants. They didn’t give individual rankings for cv and Casper last year. 

TIME STAMP: 2:15 pm (Jan 22nd)
Result: Invite 
GPA: low 
CV: some part-time work as a dental assistant, TA, device, aide de service in CHSLD (only a few weeks during the pandemic though). On some board, various volunteering, on several committees and 6+ years of scientific research (no first author pubs but 4 just submitted after my thesis was accepted - PI was a little odd in that regards...). 

Year: PhD completed

Feelings about Casper: neutral, I can never really tell. I always try to be as honest as possible. 

Applicant category: QC university 

I am so excited to have been given the opportunity - I applied to dentistry in 2013 and didn't get an interview. Ya'll... I've applied and gotten rejected several times now. I have always loved science and that's why I pursued the PhD but I couldn't shake the need to really connect with patients, so I decided to apply again. Super duper happy and wishing everyone success! :) 

9 hours ago, toothfairy992 said:

They used to provide all the ranking so total, broken down into adademic, cv, and casper. Last year they only provided overall ranking :( 

*edited to add academic 

18 hours ago, hamsterman11 said:

People's stats are absolutely crazy and some don't get invited :confused: Do you guys believe its because of the casper? And I didn't even know there were interviews for Dentistry.. is this just at McGill or at other QC unis?

All Canadian universities have interviews for dentistry :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...