Premed 101 Forums

UOttawa Medical School Accepted/Waitlist 2021

2 minutes ago, Thefirem4ster said:

Do people often get off the waitlist form bin 2?

According to other people, not typically (maybe some with the really high GPAs), but thats also assuming that the theory is right and knowing how unpredictable this whole process is, I would not take all this speculation (the theories lol) too seriously because you never know 

3 minutes ago, ksjdflkhei said:

According to other people, not typically (maybe some with the really high GPAs), but thats also assuming that the theory is right and knowing how unpredictable this whole process is, I would not take all this speculation (the theories lol) too seriously because you never know 

well rip. There goes Ottawa. Good luck everyone! Time to retake the MCAT and pray to the OMSAS gods of 2022.

3 minutes ago, KingCobra99 said:

Does anyone else think that Bin 1 should only be the top 4 people. Because there is a 3.92 and a 3.9 with a 9:02 time stamp. And then it goes back up to 4.

It could be possible that the 2 people with the 3.9 and 3.92 are in the highest bin (those that got straight acceptances) but just missed it at the end by a few spots? 

Time Stamp: 8:20am email

Result: Accepted

GPA: 3.98

Stream: English

Year: 4th

Interview Thoughts: Thought it was extremely basic and thought I answered some questions below average. Bit if a cold panel. Just goes to show this whole thing is kinda random. Anything can happen!

Time Stamp: 9:02:31

Result: Good WL

GPA: 3.97

Stream: English

Year: Graduated 2020

Interview Thoughts: Though it went above average but not great. Did mess up a question and then had to circle back to correct myself when I got the chance to.

To those accepted - Congratulations! I’m a graduating fourth-year med student at uOttawa, and absolutely loved medical school there (bit sad it’s over!). You’re in for an exciting journey with a wonderful faculty and “med family”. :) if any of you have any questions about the program/school/Ottawa and/or are deciding between schools, feel free to reach out. 

To those on the waitlist - my fingers are crossed tight for all of you! There is historically a lot of waitlist movement, so I hope that good news is coming your way! It is a huge accomplishment to have gotten to this point. 

2 hours ago, albertahopeful21 said:

Time Stamp: 9:09:25

Result: Good waitlist

cGPA: 3.97 (that's my OMSAS GPA) 

Stream: English 

Will be declining for UofT! But I know how stressful the waitlist is so I wanted to include my info. 

So sorry, my creation time (control-fing 'creation-date') was actually 9:09:44. I was looking at the 'created time' at the top before.