Premed 101 Forums

UOttawa Medical School Accepted/Waitlist 2021

4 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

haha yea I did. it was crazy early how Ottawa did it last year too. I got my offer just 2 days after the D-day.

Do you know if a good chunk of the offers go out before the 2-week deadline? I have another offer but Ottawa is my first choice and I'm wondering if the waitlist will have moved enough to get to me.

1 minute ago, Premedwithadream said:

Do you know if a good chunk of the offers go out before the 2-week deadline? I have another offer but Ottawa is my first choice and I'm wondering if the waitlist will have moved enough to get to me.

that I'm not sure of. Only a few people on the forum last year got it before the 2 weeks were over.

Does anyone from the French stream have a bad waitlist email?

Edit: here's my email, very neutral, timestamp 9:34 although my GPA is garbage so I have low hopes

Bonjour,

Suite à votre demande d’admission à notre Faculté de médecine pour l’année 2021-2022, le Comité des admissions a maintenant complété l’étude de votre dossier. Nous avons maintenant offert l’admission au volet francophone pour les quarante candidates et candidats les plus hauts placés sur la liste d’ordre séquentiel d’excellence.

Votre nom a été placé sur une liste d’attente.  Au fur et à mesure que les étudiantes et les étudiants acceptés refuseront nos offres, les sièges disponibles seront alors offerts aux candidates et aux candidats sur la liste d’attente selon un ordre de priorité établi par le Comité des admissions.  Dans l’éventualité qu’un siège vous serait offert, vous en serez informé soit par appel téléphonique ou par communication courrier électronique.

Les candidates et les candidats dont le nom aura été placé sur la liste d’attente seront informés par courriel dès que la classe sera complète.

Nous vous rappelons qu’une fois établie, la séquence des noms sur la liste d’attente ne change pas.  Toutefois, au fur et à mesure que des candidates et des candidats sont admis à partir de la liste d’attente, le numéro de la position sur la liste change.  Pour cette raison veuillez-vous abstenir de communiquer avec nous pour connaître votre rang sur la liste car nous ne le donnerons pas.

Si vous recevez une offre d’admission (hors province), et vous désirez retirer votre nom de la compétition veuillez-nous aviser par écrit ou par courrier électronique.

Time Stamp: Email at 9:35 EST 

Result: Good waitlist 

cGPA: 3.86

Stream: French

Year: 4th

Thoughts: Felt like it was alright. Had some highs and lows. Gave genuine answers and felt relaxed throughout the interview. Highs : kept the conversation natural and flowing. Lows : Felt like a couple of my answers needed a bit more depth or detail to them. This was my first UOttawa interview. 

congrats to all who got admitted :) 

I will be removing myself from the waitlist here. Hope this makes somebody happy 

9 minutes ago, allthemangoes said:

Does anyone from the French stream have a bad waitlist email?

Edit: here's my email, very neutral, timestamp 9:34 although my GPA is garbage so I have low hopes

Bonjour,

Suite à votre demande d’admission à notre Faculté de médecine pour l’année 2021-2022, le Comité des admissions a maintenant complété l’étude de votre dossier. Nous avons maintenant offert l’admission au volet francophone pour les quarante candidates et candidats les plus hauts placés sur la liste d’ordre séquentiel d’excellence.

Votre nom a été placé sur une liste d’attente.  Au fur et à mesure que les étudiantes et les étudiants acceptés refuseront nos offres, les sièges disponibles seront alors offerts aux candidates et aux candidats sur la liste d’attente selon un ordre de priorité établi par le Comité des admissions.  Dans l’éventualité qu’un siège vous serait offert, vous en serez informé soit par appel téléphonique ou par communication courrier électronique.

Les candidates et les candidats dont le nom aura été placé sur la liste d’attente seront informés par courriel dès que la classe sera complète.

Nous vous rappelons qu’une fois établie, la séquence des noms sur la liste d’attente ne change pas.  Toutefois, au fur et à mesure que des candidates et des candidats sont admis à partir de la liste d’attente, le numéro de la position sur la liste change.  Pour cette raison veuillez-vous abstenir de communiquer avec nous pour connaître votre rang sur la liste car nous ne le donnerons pas.

Si vous recevez une offre d’admission (hors province), et vous désirez retirer votre nom de la compétition veuillez-nous aviser par écrit ou par courrier électronique.

Looks like the good WL. You can check the exact time stamp (beyond 9:34) of the email creation in the email details. 

Result: good waitlist 

Timestamp: 9:03 AM

cGPA: 3.99x

CASPer: second time writing it, improved my typing speed from last time. 

Interview: Did not feel amazing coming out, I was on the first interview day and did not have enough time to practice.

Year: 4 

Geography: IP

Waitlisted French applicants, let's make a list like the one they made last year (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OHfYEzYa8ug9PiA0WizLom_8CcNha6aRIO-OttMcxKk/edit#gid=0), it seems like the exact timing when the email was created really matters. My time stamp is 9:34 as well, but I don't know how to check the exact timing. 

and here are my stats: 

Time Stamp: 9:34 AM

Result: Good WL

cGPA: 3.97

Year: Master's degree

hi!! :^) adding my data here as well

Time Stamp: 9:05:26 am (created time)

Result: good waitlist

cGPA: 3.95

Stream: english

Year: completed undergrad

Thoughts: loooool i tried but i'm not a great interviewer and left it feeling absolutely terrible :/

congratulations to everyone that got admitted and best of luck to my fellow waitlisters!!! :wub:

3 minutes ago, Premed101-- said:

Waitlisted French applicants, let's make a list like the one they made last year (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OHfYEzYa8ug9PiA0WizLom_8CcNha6aRIO-OttMcxKk/edit#gid=0), it seems like the exact timing when the email was created really matters. My time stamp is 9:34 as well, but I don't know how to check the exact timing. 

and here are my stats: 

cGPA: 3.98

Is Uottawa waitlist rank only based on GPA or is it GPA & Interview?

4 minutes ago, Premed101-- said:

and here are my stats: 

cGPA: 3.98

If I remember correctly, if you’re on gmail, you click on the three dots of the email to show more options. Then click on “show original”. If you scroll down, you will see something like 06:34:XX. XX would be the seconds you’re looking for. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallow said:

If I remember correctly, if you’re on gmail, you click on the three dots of the email to show more options. Then click on “show original”. If you scroll down, you will see something like 06:34:XX. XX would be the seconds you’re looking for. 

For Outlock users, you can check the time stamps by doing a right click on the email, clicking ''view'', then ''view message details''. Mine said ''Tue, 11 May 2021 13:34:09'' which I assume means 9:34:09

5 minutes ago, ccforMD said:

For Outlock users, you can check the time stamps by doing a right click on the email, clicking ''view'', then ''view message details''. Mine said ''Tue, 11 May 2021 13:34:09'' which I assume means 9:34:09

Does anyone know if the exact seconds time stamp actually correlates to waitlist position based on previous years??

Just now, greenceleryjuice said:

Does anyone know if the exact seconds time stamp actually correlates to waitlist position based on previous years??

allegedly no. it's been observed up to the minute only. once you get to the seconds, the trend doesn't stay consistent