Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2023 - Countdown

1 hour ago, anonymouspls said:

I can confirm that my school has emailed rejections already. Yes that is how I found out

Let's not forget these are not "rejections".  CARMS matching algorithm does not identify who will/won't be a good physician.  To those receiving bad news today, my heart-felt support for you.  

34 minutes ago, MedicallySpeaking said:

Let's not forget these are not "rejections".  CARMS matching algorithm does not identify who will/won't be a good physician.  To those receiving bad news today, my heart-felt support for you.  

Yes certainly, though i was talking about communicating rejections from the first round of the carms process haha. But thank you for clarifying!

59 minutes ago, short_stack said:

What's everyone doing to cope in these last few hours?

I'm shamelessly drinking and playing video games in the hope I might fall asleep at some point before I have to go in for clinical duties from 7-noon tomorrow... don't even get the entire day off -_-

That is actually cruel....

1 hour ago, short_stack said:

What's everyone doing to cope in these last few hours?

I'm shamelessly drinking and playing video games in the hope I might fall asleep at some point before I have to go in for clinical duties from 7-noon tomorrow... don't even get the entire day off -_-

Bro. Are you for real. Your school is brutal.

2 minutes ago, cardio_enjoyer said:

Bro. Are you for real. Your school is brutal.

37 minutes ago, tahty said:

That is actually cruel....

It's off from noon and later, but not before!!! <_<

I don't even understand the point of us going for half the day - some of my classmates have managed to ask their staff for the whole day off anyway. And those of us who couldn't swing that will be utterly useless nervous wrecks all morning, what exactly will we learn or accomplish??? 

53 minutes ago, cortado said:

Didn't match after having 8 interviews for anesthesia. Definitely stings more than I thought it would.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow

I'm really sorry to hear fellow internet medical student.  You've definitely heard this before, but I want to reiterate: this is not a failure on your part but the system's.  This year sounds like one of the toughest years for anesthesia.  The fact you got 8 interviews (more than my [med + residency interview #] x 2) speaks volumes about how you are a strong candidate who is qualified for the specialty.  

Good luck with whichever path you choose: second iteration or repeating a year.  I'm sure you will be a great doctor wherever you go.  Please take some time for yourself and reach out to some people you can trust.

I'm also awake.

After neglecting my hobbies (not the traditional ones that people write in their CV/talk about at the interview such as working out or playing music... I like to call those the "long walks on the beach" of medical applications) thanks to clerkship rotations, electives, and CaRMS, I'm finally able to sit down and enjoy something not for the sake of studying or looking good as a prospective resident...  but for my enjoyment and only myself.  Such a long-lost feeling. 

Good night and good luck later today everyone!