Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

my zen like status is gone. i am mad at my chiro for being closed on the weekend and monday. i am going to switch chiro because i find the availability to be so difficult. she also always goes on vacations and is hardly ever in.

shopping for a new chiro now

also srsly considering switching family docs, i had mine for about 2 yrs and i find she is always late for our appointments.

edit: played some tennis, somehow my good tennis balls got switched for someone elses ...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my zen like status is gone. i am mad at my chiro for being closed on the weekend and monday. i am going to switch chiro because i find the availability to be so difficult. she also always goes on vacations and is hardly ever in.

shopping for a new chiro now

also srsly considering switching family docs, i had mine for about 2 yrs and i find she is always late for our appointments.

edit: played some tennis, somehow my good tennis balls got switched for someone elses ...

I think you're getting too worked up over things you have no control over. Unfortunately, and not being rude, you will need to accept the fact that your physician and chiropractor will almost always be late.

You are also what some would call a "pessimist", try looking at it as you still have a tennis ball instead of none.

What's on my mind? Too much. It is 3:45 am and I still haven't fallen asleep, despite having a big workout at the gym today and a good run immediately after.

We're also in the post-interview waiting season. I was handling it way better than last year until this week. All of the sudden, I feel like I'm starting to crack. I go to bed at night - tired - and i lay there, unable to shut off the chatter in my mind.

Anyone have experience with this?

RR

What's on my mind? Too much. It is 3:45 am and I still haven't fallen asleep, despite having a big workout at the gym today and a good run immediately after.

We're also in the post-interview waiting season. I was handling it way better than last year until this week. All of the sudden, I feel like I'm starting to crack. I go to bed at night - tired - and i lay there, unable to shut off the chatter in my mind.

Anyone have experience with this?

RR

I know what you mean, some days I just want to know already, others I want to never know because I'm scared of a rejection. There's a lot of "I can't believe I said that in an interview!" thinking too. My only comfort is that most other people are going through the same thing and it's been proven numerous times that people are awful at gauging their performance.

At this point, I'd be ecstatic for a waitlist spot but there's that part of me that thinks maybe it was good enough for an acceptance. In 2 weeks, it'll be over at least.

I know what you mean, some days I just want to know already, others I want to never know because I'm scared of a rejection. There's a lot of "I can't believe I said that in an interview!" thinking too. My only comfort is that most other people are going through the same thing and it's been proven numerous times that people are awful at gauging their performance.

At this point, I'd be ecstatic for a waitlist spot but there's that part of me that thinks maybe it was good enough for an acceptance. In 2 weeks, it'll be over at least.

If you're put on the wait list, then the fun only BEGINS in 2 weeks

If you're put on the wait list, then the fun only BEGINS in 2 weeks

Honestly, I'd be happy with waitlist. Sure, there's more waiting but at least I'll know I'm not awful at interviews and I can feel better about my chances next year. :D

And even with a waitlist, I can just start my summer as if I wasn't going to get in instead of this limbo period now.

Do any of you ever have a hard time sitting still?

I'm perpetually moving. Even if I'm laying down or sitting, I'm either tapping my feet, shaking my legs or rocking back and forth (:confused: ). I can't stand still either. I shuffle my feet or rock side to side/back and forth when standing. It's not a big inconvenience, but I always have to explain it to people.

I wonder if its a response to anxiety or something else. Been like this since I was a kid, but I guess no one except my parents noticed.

Do any of you ever have a hard time sitting still?

I'm perpetually moving. Even if I'm laying down or sitting, I'm either tapping my feet, shaking my legs or rocking back and forth (:confused: ). I can't stand still either. I shuffle my feet or rock side to side/back and forth when standing. It's not a big inconvenience, but I always have to explain it to people.

I wonder if its a response to anxiety or something else. Been like this since I was a kid, but I guess no one except my parents noticed.

I'm not a doctor, but it sounds pretty textbook for ADHD. ADHD has 3 characteristics. Impulsive, inattention, and hyperactivity. The hyperactivity part is done subconsciously, your body does it to try and stimulate yourself because whatever you're doing doesn't cause enough excitement in a sense. Like I said, I'm not a doctor, but from what I know that would be one of my first guesses.

I'm not a doctor, but it sounds pretty textbook for ADHD. ADHD has 3 characteristics. Impulsive, inattention, and hyperactivity. The hyperactivity part is done subconsciously, your body does it to try and stimulate yourself because whatever you're doing doesn't cause enough excitement in a sense. Like I said, I'm not a doctor, but from what I know that would be one of my first guesses.

Do you know if ADHD is something I would have to disclose on a med school application? If so, I'll just rough it out.

Do you know if ADHD is something I would have to disclose on a med school application? If so, I'll just rough it out.

I don't know if it would have to be disclosed. I know if you did have to put it on you would have to actually tested for it though. You couldn't just take a stab and guess.

lol lokiki and Green.

Well, today I worked on sorting out OSAP and started to organize my finances for graduate school. its been wet for 3 days I thought about playing some tennis but weather hasn't been good. according to weather network wont be good till monday.

honestly i feel like i hate moving in between cities. it makes it so difficult for membership for clubs (gym, tennis club, etc).

some of my friends are seeing the midnight showing of spiderman but i am not going...i told them i too busy on premed101

edit: I hate parking costs in toronto

-subway is 3 dollars ea way, and parking at a subway station is like 5 vs 20 dollars for driving and then parking, therefore 12 dollar convenience fee if i were to drive up.

Absolutely not - your medical history is your business and unless it would prevent you from being able to work as a physician (ADHD shouldn't), there's no obligation to report it.

That said, don't assume you have ADHD - restlessness can have a lot of causes, and if it's not serious, it might be completely normal. I'm usually playing with something in my hands, or bouncing my knee. Not everything is a pathology :P

Absolutely not - your medical history is your business and unless it would prevent you from being able to work as a physician (ADHD shouldn't), there's no obligation to report it.

That said, don't assume you have ADHD - restlessness can have a lot of causes, and if it's not serious, it might be completely normal. I'm usually playing with something in my hands, or bouncing my knee. Not everything is a pathology :P

Yeah I was worried I'd have to report it. I'll go speak to my GP next week. I thought it was something like restless leg syndrome, but it is best to get the opinion of one of those physician types.

Question for those that applied to graduate school, did you send thank you letters to your professors and/or tell them where you decided to attend? Do you actually think they care where you decided to go?

(honestly can't tell if my profs like me or not, they may of just gave me references because they felt obligated since i did well in their courses... or I have no clue)

Glad to see i'm not the only one thinking I have ADHD. A medical senior even suggested I try adderall because I often seemed to doze off during rounds. Is it even humanly possible to stay focused during a 2h rounds ?

I've always been scared of surgery because of the standing around for so long. I took a psych course in first year where the lectures were 3 hours straight with a 10 minute break in the middle. I would be nearly insane by the end of it, couldn't sit still, had to doodle or just keep myself occupied.

I've had people tell me I should see a doctor about it but it doesn't seem that bad.

Glad to see i'm not the only one thinking I have ADHD. A medical senior even suggested I try adderall because I often seemed to doze off during rounds. Is it even humanly possible to stay focused during a 2h rounds ?

I don't want to try something like adderall without a prescription.

I don't need anything to get through courses. I daydream/wander a lot, but I managed good grades in the first year of my second degree.

Yeah, I'm fidgety too, btu I would never consider it ADHD. People give me an evil glare when I'm tapping a pen or my feet constantly but I fgure it just keeps my metabolism up. :)

Archived