Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My version of give-amouse-a-cookie for med hopefuls:

It's May 19th, so basically it's almost June. If it's June then it's like the whole summer goes by in a flash. If the summer goes by in a flash, then the online applications to med school are open again for the next cycle. Once they're submitted, then it's time for the supplemental info to be submitted. So now it's the Fall. Once that's done, then it's the waiting game to the interview invites :) or rejects :( . By then we're going into winter and 2015 (depends on where you applied), and then it's interview time. Then BOOM it's spring again with more waiting and hopefully an acceptance.

you know the cycles do go pretty quickly on the macro level :) I am almost a pgy2 now (!) - if I was in family medicine I would be a single year away from being in practice. Ha - too bad I am in radiology and have quite a bit longer to go but still pgy2 has a nice ring to it.

you know the cycles do go pretty quickly on the macro level :)I am almost a pgy2 now (!) - if I was in family medicine I would be a single year away from being in practice. Ha - too bad I am in radiology and have quite a bit longer to go but still pgy2 has a nice ring to it.

Wow! Time really does fly by! :) I find I'm noticing that more and more, and I find it's making me better appreciate what's going on in the present (and making me live in the present, rather than looking ahead too much).

Wow! Time really does fly by! :) I find I'm noticing that more and more, and I find it's making me better appreciate what's going on in the present (and making me live in the present, rather than looking ahead too much).

I'm a planner. I need to know the options of my future based on choices today. But I do agree, getting caught up in things that have yet to happen can be detrimental in many aspects of life.

yeah it does. I don't know why - maybe because in year 2 we actually start radiology but I am looking forward to it. I am very much the sort that likes to be an expert in my area(s) and completely fine about having others experts in their areas. Right now in medical I am expert in nothing and of course won't be for a long time - but currently with mostly off service stuff I am not actually advancing really either. That is annoying :) I want to see my skills start to improve, and that starts in second year.

I'm a planner. I need to know the options of my future based on choices today. But I do agree, getting caught up in things that have yet to happen can be detrimental in many aspects of life.

I'd say I'm a planner too, but I've learned that I tend to over-think things (A LOT), which can lead me to as you said get "caught up in things that have yet to happen." I hope I can mellow with age :P:D

I think I'm going to return to Brazillian JJ competition. I haven't competed in about 18 months, first due to family and then because I wanted to concentrate 100% on school for my first year back.

Now that I've figured out how to schedule training, teaching and school, I think I should make a run at it.

I hate ppl that stand in my way, srs a-hole stood in front of the doorway of the gym change room cause he was texting. -> single doorway

he took so long, like he was trying an essay, i bet he would still be typing if I didn't ask him if he could move

srs can't find a better place to text (couches at the gym lounge).

My husband and I are going to see X-Men: Days of Future Past on Friday. I'm so excited!

Why is it that EVERYTHING else is infinitely more interesting when there's something you absolutely have to do/finish?

Because our brains hate us.

Get to shadow an optometrist. Super excited about it!

Cool! Any idea of what you'll get to see? Maybe you'll get to watch him take retinal photos, where you get to see the inside of your eyeball- very neat (I asked my optometrist to email me mine, lol)

Cool! Any idea of what you'll get to see? Maybe you'll get to watch him take retinal photos, where you get to see the inside of your eyeball- very neat (I asked my optometrist to email me mine, lol)

He's requested I dress professionally. So I'm assuming I'll at least be somewhere in the vicinity of people. Once I found out I'll definitely update though! Seeing the inside of an eye that you cut open isn't the same, so you win this round haha.:P

looks like I have a new research project - this is going to be interesting! I have never been handed this much already organized data to shift through - it is all in neurointerventional radiology.

This is something I cannot mess up - this is real research on a really important clinical problem. Welcome to the big leagues!

looks like I have a new research project - this is going to be interesting! I have never been handed this much already organized data to shift through - it is all in neurointerventional radiology.

This is something I cannot mess up - this is real research on a really important clinical problem. Welcome to the big leagues!

That is awesome! Quite amazing that you get that level of exposure during the first year of residency (well, almost the end of it.)

Entirely out of left field; does it happen to be on intracranial aneurysms, if you don't mind answering? My mother was followed (in Ottawa) as part of a study for a number of years and it'd just be funny if that was the data you were going through.

That is awesome! Quite amazing that you get that level of exposure during the first year of residency (well, almost the end of it.)

Entirely out of left field; does it happen to be on intracranial aneurysms, if you don't mind answering? My mother was followed (in Ottawa) as part of a study for a number of years and it'd just be funny if that was the data you were going through.

it is actually! although this is a new data set and not related to prior studies. In terms of time though it may have include cases from the last 10 years.

That's so awesome. Like Birdy said, pretty sweet you get to do it in first year too!

it is actually! although this is a new data set and not related to prior studies. In terms of time though it may have include cases from the last 10 years.

Haha, in that case I wouldn't be surprised if she's part of the data set, though I'm sure there are many such studies so she may not be.

Aneurysm research is fascinating. It's so awesome that you're getting to be part of it so early in your residency.

Archived