Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just switched my phone and car insurance over to plans offered through the OMA and saved about $120/mo ($100/mo on insurance and $20/mo on phone). Pretty happy about that. :P The phone plan is way better, even.

Can we already sign up for OMA? What do we need to sign up?

Just switched my phone and car insurance over to plans offered through the OMA and saved about $120/mo ($100/mo on insurance and $20/mo on phone). Pretty happy about that. :P The phone plan is way better, even.

Did you go with Rogers or Telus for your phone and how long did it take? I signed up for Telus but they haven't called me for my banking information yet and my current phone plan expired so I'm stuck without a phone for a little while.

I need to look into their car insurance too, still trying to decide whether I should just get a car in September or wait until December when I'm in Niagara. Also, any idea where we get our CMA ID from? Or do we have to wait until school actually starts.

This med school thing seems to be even bigger for my parents than it is for me, my dad insists on telling everyone that I'm going to be a doctor. Embarrassing as heck but I guess he's earned the right.

Did you go with Rogers or Telus for your phone and how long did it take? I signed up for Telus but they haven't called me for my banking information yet and my current phone plan expired so I'm stuck without a phone for a little while.

I need to look into their car insurance too, still trying to decide whether I should just get a car in September or wait until December when I'm in Niagara. Also, any idea where we get our CMA ID from? Or do we have to wait until school actually starts.

This med school thing seems to be even bigger for my parents than it is for me, my dad insists on telling everyone that I'm going to be a doctor. Embarrassing as heck but I guess he's earned the right.

I was already with Rogers so I just switched my plan to the OMA plan. No clue where to get the CMA ID. The e-mail I got from the OMA said I'd be hearing from the CMA but nothing yet. And yeah I guess deciding when to buy a car would be tricky; I already have one so there wasn't much to think about. I was pretty happy when I saw that insurance quote though!

I signed up for the CMA on their site after signing up for the OMA and within a few days someone called me with my CMA ID.

I signed up for the CMA on their site after signing up for the OMA and within a few days someone called me with my CMA ID.

I thought you needed a CMA ID to sign up for the CMA?

Forgive my ignorance. What is OMA? And how do I get access to these savings haha:D

You should be able to sign up at oma.org for the OMA

any other sailors here? looks like some good winds this weekend. i like offshore winds so i start going down wind right away

I have a motorboat, so I just care that winds don't cause so much chop as to make the ride uncomfortable. :P I'd like to learn how to sail someday though.

I'm sitting in the ER because I can't breathe well (stupid asthma) and there was a 90+ year old woman who can barely breathe moaning and writhing in pain calling for help and there were no nurses in triage. She was actually moaning "someone help me please." I asked the woman at the registration desk if she could call one and she just shrugged.

I went back through the nurses station and called for someone (hard when you can barely breathe!) to get a nurse out here for her after several minutes. The nurses glared at me and told me to go sit down, but at least they came and they took her right back.

The frustrating part is that there are a bunch of people around me who can breathe fine and they were just chattering about it being 'such a shame' and that 'someone should do something.' Bystander effect at its best.

I'm sitting in the ER because I can't breathe well (stupid asthma) and there was a 90+ year old woman who can barely breathe moaning and writhing in pain calling for help and there were no nurses in triage. She was actually moaning "someone help me please." I asked the woman at the registration desk if she could call one and she just shrugged.

I went back through the nurses station and called for someone (hard when you can barely breathe!) to get a nurse out here for her after several minutes. The nurses glared at me and told me to go sit down, but at least they came and they took her right back.

The frustrating part is that there are a bunch of people around me who can breathe fine and they were just chattering about it being 'such a shame' and that 'someone should do something.' Bystander effect at its best.

Society never ceases to amaze me. People try to make themselves feel better, "I looked to see if there was a nurse but I couldn't see any", so at the end of the day they can say "I tried", when realistically, they didn't. What you did was try. For what it's worth, I'm proud to see you did that. People like you restore my faith in humanity.

starting to realize that there are only so many things you can do during the day. you have to prioritize what is important in your life

quick ways to save time (try to eliminate: commute time, wait time etc)

-study at home

-dont care about social media

-say no to social events you can live without (cottage, movies, sporting tournaments, watching sports games)

-eat at home

-dont spend alot of time cooking (prepared food from butcher, cereal, etc)

Society never ceases to amaze me. People try to make themselves feel better, "I looked to see if there was a nurse but I couldn't see any", so at the end of the day they can say "I tried", when realistically, they didn't. What you did was try. For what it's worth, I'm proud to see you did that. People like you restore my faith in humanity.

We are all here on this site because we are literally making it our life's work to help people. I like to think at least most other premeds would do the same in that situation.

Just found out one of my closest friends died this weekend. It strikes me hard since he was such a good man - the type like Mr. Rogers that knew/expected much of 'who you could be'. It stands in stark contrast to this, at times, frenzied and neurotic path we are on, and it reminds me of the need to shed light on the true value of our communities and the 'things' in our lives.

Right now I'm taking a breather and being reminded of how privileged we are; our clock runs too quickly and we miss much.

Just found out one of my closest friends died this weekend. It strikes me hard since he was such a good man - the type like Mr. Rogers that knew/expected much of 'who you could be'. It stands in stark contrast to this, at times, frenzied and neurotic path we are on, and it reminds me of the need to shed light on the true value of our communities and the 'things' in our lives.

Right now I'm taking a breather and being reminded of how privileged we are; our clock runs too quickly and we miss much.

Very sorry for your loss.

Archived