Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

Oh yeah, this isn't for me. I realized after posting it that it would probably be construed that way haha.

The interesting thing about that, he was never found guilty, yet they still assumed that he was... That's actually so crappy.

there have been a bunch of news articles about that lately - seems very unfair. Either convict someone or remove all trace of the charge. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there have been a bunch of news articles about that lately - seems very unfair. Either convict someone or remove all trace of the charge. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Well that's exactly it. If you were to say apply to CSIS make it viewable that way that there was at least an issue with something. But for anything that isn't even slightly close to that level of required background it shouldn't even pop up, because then things like that happen.

My work is primarily dealing with nursing staff and I have been consistently surprised by how many male nurses we have. I think it is great! When I'm in hospital I usually prefer the male nurses since it seems to take a special kind of guy to put up with the crap they must go through. Nursing isn't a 'default' career for guys the same way it can be for women. I wish more guys would go into it.

That part will be very interesting, I think. At 28, I likely won't be the oldest in my class, but people tend to think me older than I am (which was awesome at 18, not so much now...) so it will be strange indeed. If I end up doing any training at a certain hospital in Toronto, though, my sister - an RN - will be sure to remind people that I'm a suitable target for scut work. She will not let an opportunity like that slide by...

the nursing staff often assumes I know more than I do - kind of reverse what some others go through. Actually motivates me to know more! I seem to get along very well with the staff at hospitals which is always a good thing :)

Well that's exactly it. If you were to say apply to CSIS make it viewable that way that there was at least an issue with something. But for anything that isn't even slightly close to that level of required background it shouldn't even pop up, because then things like that happen.

Sure - and in particular we should in no cases reveal that sort of information to other countries. Then it is even more outside of our control.

Happy Canada Day folks!

We are heading downtown to what is being billed as the biggest Canada Day fireworks show in the country this year. The 150th anniversary of the Charlottetown conference is a really big deal here. There is a really good lineup at the free concert. My friend lives downtown, just a few blocks from the festivities, and is having a barbecue so we even have a place to park. Promises to be a fun day.

happy canada day. my advice for the day just relax and read a book. do not go outside, everywhere will be packed.

^stay clear of malls and beaches. It is actually really windy today but I am not going sailing cause i think the docks will be way too crowded.

Well, I have to go to work at the store. It won't be too bad, actually I expect it will be very slow. But this isn't Toronto! :P

Happy Canada Day folks!

We are heading downtown to what is being billed as the biggest Canada Day fireworks show in the country this year. The 150th anniversary of the Charlottetown conference is a really big deal here. There is a really good lineup at the free concert. My friend lives downtown, just a few blocks from the festivities, and is having a barbecue so we even have a place to park. Promises to be a fun day.

They're lighting up our bridge too :) I'm kinda excited for fireworks this year, but I won't stay up for it. Gotta work tomorrow!

one benefit of living in Ottawa is of course the Canada Day event - the nation's capital puts on a good show :)

I also enjoy the free tours of Parliament Hill ... but I suppose you can only go oh so many times before it gets boring.

Also, BEAVERTAILS.

one benefit of living in Ottawa is of course the Canada Day event - the nation's capital puts on a good show :)

Yeah, I really miss Canada Day in Ottawa. Not often I miss the city, but I usually do this one day a year. My friends and I would always spend most of the day on top of the Rideau Centre in the gardens (pretty much always nice and relaxing up there), and then head to Major's Hill Park to watch the fireworks.

Also, now I miss Beavertails! Thanks, Renin.

Happy Canada Day! Everyone was dressed up downtown today. Any excuse to don gold-rush-era costumes where I live. It's awesome.

Happy Canada day!

Lokiki, may I ask why you applied to U of C and not U of A?

Too much focus on GPA, no way I would get in. I probably should have applied anyways. I think I did apply once. Also, their application system is the most confusing thing in the world. I know that's a lame excuse. I also didn't apply to Sask, even thought I am IP there as well, their GPA system just doesn't work with the way I did my schooling, so it was pretty pointless. I thought about asking for special consideration but now there is no need. :)

I should really go to Ottawa someday. Everyone really raves about it.

That chart is awesome. My husband almost passed out when our son was born. Not from the birth, but because of the epidural needle. He can't take the sight of a needle going into skin. Quite honestly, I was not paying attention to his facial expression at any point, though.

That's funny. I have not seen a birth but once I was showing "The Video" to my advanced first aid class... and I looked down and realized I was eating spaghetti while watching it. Yep, I think I'm ready.

Avoid it if possible. :P

Unpleasant business, all around. And I've done it twice. The first time, I had a mirror. The first time only.

i started to hear about how much work msc/phd research will be...what did i get myself into :o

I started to read some papers indepth and they take a long time.....I do not even know my career plans atm. I guess i am just going to take it one step at a time.

i def think i can get through a masters but i am def reconsidering my thoughts about a phd. I got some time to think about it

i started to hear about how much work msc/phd research will be...what did i get myself into :o

I started to read some papers indepth and they take a long time.....I do not even know my career plans atm. I guess i am just going to take it one step at a time.

i def think i can get through a masters but i am def reconsidering my thoughts about a phd. I got some time to think about it

Are you still aiming at med school?

Archived