Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

Good luck! It's a beast of a test but it'll all be over with before long.

Thanks Birdy! I'm hoping to only have to write it once. The best part about writing after first year, is if need be, I have a couple more tries. But yeah, I'll definitely put as much as I can into it first time around. Especially since it'll be the new MCAT.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Birdy! I'm hoping to only have to write it once. The best part about writing after first year, is if need be, I have a couple more tries. But yeah, I'll definitely put as much as I can into it first time around. Especially since it'll be the new MCAT.

That was my thinking too. I wrote last summer (after first year) and I'm very glad I did.

Which courses did you take? The only courses I won't have are the second physics, and biochem.. Not sure if it'll go well or not without those.

I had taken first year chem, bio, phys, and calc, stats, and a couple electives. I hadn't taken organic chem yet, so taught myself.

Can't really say what you'll need though, since there will be a lot of content differences.

I was planning on taking the old MCAT this summer as a first year...

I had taken Bio/Chem/Phys/Math/Calc and a few humanities. Needless to say I found Orgo pretty killer to study for and I totally burnt myself out about halfway through the summer since I was working full time at a lab and doing a lot of other extracurriculars. I might have pushed myself through if UoA hadn't decided to not take the old MCAT (I knew UofC already wasn't which makes things harder...)!

Nonetheless, I know a lot of people who own the MCAT after first year. You got this! (So exciting when you first get your books and start studying, eh?)

I was planning on taking the old MCAT this summer as a first year...

I had taken Bio/Chem/Phys/Math/Calc and a few humanities. Needless to say I found Orgo pretty killer to study for and I totally burnt myself out about halfway through the summer since I was working full time at a lab and doing a lot of other extracurriculars. I might have pushed myself through if UoA hadn't decided to not take the old MCAT (I knew UofC already wasn't which makes things harder...)!

Nonetheless, I know a lot of people who own the MCAT after first year. You got this! (So exciting when you first get your books and start studying, eh?)

I'm stuck right now though ahha. I want to study, but I know I should just take a break from studying since I just finished up a summer class and don't want to get burned out before fall even starts haha...

So very unfortunate :(

Rorschach:
I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor.
Says he's depressed. 
Says life is harsh and cruel. 
Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. 
Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. 
The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. 
Go see him. 
That should pick you up."
Man bursts into tears. 
Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." 
Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

-From the Watchmen

On a side note, I just finished my first midterm today for my online class. I'm very eager to have the mark come out. My instructor said he tries to mark midterms within 48 hours. Hopefully he does!

On another side note, I find the UBC library fairly busy considering there are no classes going on at UBC right now. Does anyone know why this is? The only thing I could think of is LSAT, GMAT, MCAT studying mixed in with online classes? I was expecting the UBC library to be way more dead than it is now. It's about 25% full at midnight on a thursday night with no classes going on....what gives?

Weird about the ubc library. I never used to remember it being that way.

I LOVE that place. The old library actually holds a lot if memories for me. Being on campus studying there again will be strange but nice. I am NOT looking forward to the rain though!

Weird about the ubc library. I never used to remember it being that way.

I LOVE that place. The old library actually holds a lot if memories for me. Being on campus studying there again will be strange but nice. I am NOT looking forward to the rain though!

Yeah I love the UBC library too.

The thing with the rain is that sometimes it doesn't start until October or even very little in October and starts in November. If this is the case then we would have potentially had 6-7 months of sunshine (depending on if sun starts in april or may, when it usually does) Which is really really good! But it will definitely rain from November - March at the very least.

The thing I'm more concnerned about is how early the sun will set and start to get dark. In december the sun will set around 4:30 I believe! Being in a state of perpetual darkness isn't appealing to me.

Anyways, heres hoping that its nice and sunny all the way until november for your first year of med school!

Archived