Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

so exhausted mentally and physically. so much work to do, i am not a robot. all i can do is prioritize and do what i can.

i feel like its hard to maintain personal and professional life. at least for me there is alot going on

edit: something to look forward to at the end of the week think i should go for all you can eat sushi

p.s. I am not a fan of a la carte sushi. one time I went to Ozen and over a 100 bill with four people

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so it's a trolucation?

Exactly.

so exhausted mentally and physically. so much work to do, i am not a robot. all i can do is prioritize and do what i can.

i feel like its hard to maintain personal and professional life. at least for me there is alot going on

edit: something to look forward to at the end of the week think i should go for all you can eat sushi

p.s. I am not a fan of a la carte sushi. one time I went to Ozen and over a 100 with four people

I've never had sushi before. I've always thought about it, but I generally avoid trying new foods.

Why, someone give you Marmite or something and you just quit being adventurous? (that stuff is soooo groooooss)

Marmite is almost universally accepted as being one of the worst tasting food items ever.

I'm not sure why I don't try new things. I eat more or less the same thing everyday, at the same time. Weird.

lol at ppl not liking marmite. I dunno I like the taste, I try not to eat it too often because of the sodium content.

Today I just made some chicken. I am getting so much better at cooking now. I started to watch some Gordon Ramsay cooking vids. I think the key to alot of cooking is to cook slowly rather than fast to get the inside cooked fully with the outer layer being just right.

Fresh food is also way better than frozen foods. I also do not mind waiting for the food to cook cause i can do chores around the house

^ I do make modifications, so that it is more healthy (dont use butter). I finally can get back on going out to eat. I can also save time by cooking at home

p.s. i also finished my proposal for this other research position i am applying for.

I know in the medical profession a lot of things requires patience. I have patience when my time is being paid for; however, when I am on my personal time I do not have patience for a lot of things. I was wondering what do ppl do to have all that patience

few of the things that I hate doing

-teaching past girlfriend(s) how to ski/snowboard -> lessons aren't even that expensive. should of saved my relationship and just told her to get lessons

-when friends ask me to teach them how to play a sport -> it takes so many hrs to get good, and the equipment costs too. A lot of sports I do take a significant amount of time to get good.

it is also one thing to help someone who is already pretty good at a sport, but wants to become competitive. however to help someone from a complete beginner standpoint that is so much work

-letting ppl borrow stuff especially if I know there is a high chance i wont get it back

Nice me

-I will help my *friends with hmk questions

-I will share notes with my friends

-answer some hmk questions on yahoo/fb groups if I am bored

-I will teach some of my really good friends sports, but that is only reserved for a small amount of ppl

My motivation to study for MCAT is very low right now. Started studying in 1st week of May and haven't gotten through Bio yet. Chem and Physics to go...plus practice for VR.

Argh, I regret putting half assed effort last year. :( But the same thing is happening this year. :o

I know in the medical profession a lot of things requires patience. I have patience when my time is being paid for; however, when I am on my personal time I do not have patience for a lot of things. I was wondering what do ppl do to have all that patience

It's because they derive benefits that aren't solely monetary... like the satisfaction of seeing your friend improve with the teaching, and the strengthened relationship, that makes the work seem worth it. You're not under any obligation to lend things if you have a history of not having them returned though.

It's because they derive benefits that aren't solely monetary... like the satisfaction of seeing your friend improve with the teaching, and the strengthened relationship, that makes the work seem worth it. You're not under any obligation to lend things if you have a history of not having them returned though.

This.

I'm not sure how hockeykid managed to remain friends with his ex girlfriends. I completely cut off all contact with exes forever.

i was trying to say i taught my past girlfriends how to ski/snowboard but then soon after teaching them it causes conflict, hence them becoming my ex.

my ex except one are completely "cut off". the other ex i am still friends with because we do the same sport and we are part of the same club.

On my mind: Noticing a huge proliferation in the number of new threads in the pre-med section consisting of people asking questions they should be asking of admissions offices. Take some responsibility, people! Don't trust your entire future in the hands of a few strangers on the Internet lol. Ugh.

^being the person i am I always get second opinions on issues. I never take ppl's word as the end all be all. I know i am sort of cynical in this way, but i cannot take the word of a stranger.

i also think i am becoming a coffee snob now. cmon, i think tassiomo/keurig machines are just glorified instant coffee. i know someone who insists on using on of those instant coffee machines even though they have direct access to fresh beans+french press & even a drip coffee maker if he/she prefers the filtered taste.

i also can't believe ppl who order their coffee with sugar + milk, how are you supposed to appreciate the taste of the coffee beans?

On my mind: Noticing a huge proliferation in the number of new threads in the pre-med section consisting of people asking questions they should be asking of admissions offices. Take some responsibility, people! Don't trust your entire future in the hands of a future strangers on the Internet lol. Ugh.

Not even questions they should ask admissions offices... questions they should look on the schools' websites to answer. Something should probably be done. So many threads just seem to be posters who are too lazy/incompetent to do basic research.

Not even questions they should ask admissions offices... questions they should look on the schools' websites to answer. Something should probably be done. So many threads just seem to be posters who are too lazy/incompetent to do basic research.

Yes, so true. Like 90% could be answered by a google search and the school's website, and 9% should probably be directed to someone in a better position to give an official answer. Someone is definitely bound to end up wasting 1-4 years of their life at this rate.

This is a self-help. Forum where we help each other with our knowledge and informed opinions. Going directly to adcoms is the last resort and not the first place to go. It is true that it is dangerous to make important decisions based upon posts of strangers although generally speaking, any misinformation is quickly corrected by a better informed member.

This is a self-help. Forum where we help each other with our knowledge and informed opinions. Going directly to adcoms is the last resort and not the first place to go. It is true that it is dangerous to make important decisions based upon posts of strangers although generally speaking, any misinformation is quickly corrected by a better informed member.

No. lol. Not in this case.

I'm not referring to threads that are "Should I write the MCAT?", or even questions about information that is not easy to find. Those questions make sense to ask for opinions on a public forum. And even then, I think that a lot of the information is already here if people were to search, instead of starting threads to ask the same questions.

The questions to which I am referring involve people listing their courses and asking what pre-reqs they still need, how their GPA is rounded, etc. Their first resource should be the school's website. Then contacting the school directly. The question is far too important to ask of strangers. As you said, misinformation might be corrected, or it might not be. Even if the information provided here was 100% correct, they STILL should not be relying on it, and thus they STILL should be contacting the appropriate authorities.

Besides, I would wager that 90% of these kinds of posts are just made out laziness. Maybe they need the life lesson (poor personal life choices based on popular Internet opinion) anyway though, I guess. :rolleyes:

Archived