Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

birdy don't know how you do it with kids, dedication imo, wow strong mcat congrats.

i also think a letter is unnecessary. there are so many times that i messed up and surprisingly people forgave me. just be friendly the next time you meet. it is usually me that comes up with the worst case scenarios.

birdy don't know how you do it with kids, dedication imo, wow strong mcat congrats.

Thanks! I wrote last year so that I could rewrite this year if I needed to. I was REALLY relieved I didn't need to.

And honestly, the only way I do it is I have an amazing husband and really good time management skills. I feel less stressed these days than I did when I was single and just working. :)

Almost there!! Super jealous!

It'll be your turn before long. :)

^some were cold, some were from prof i had, some were from profs that are currently teaching me.... i believe that God has His plan and everything will work out in the end

thanks for the support

edit: positive side

-weather is warming up, summer sports

-found a groupon for a 2mo membership for $30

edit:

i do old people sports. tennis=you dont even need to be fit to partake in the sport.

despite the fact i have a high verbal score i find it hard to comprehend my parents' line of reasoning. i wish SATs or any other standardized university test was implemented in canada. i feel like there are so many ppl with ****ty reading comprehension and logic skills, this is underscored by the ppl that i met in engineering.

Yeah, definitely gotta re-check. That's ok, learn from it!

Re-checking really helped me out after I started doing so in 3rd year - especially with multiple choice. A high school teacher of mine told us never to second guess ourselves and that our first instinct would invariably be the right answer, so I would never re-check.

Re-checking really helped me out after I started doing so in 3rd year - especially with multiple choice. A high school teacher of mine told us never to second guess ourselves and that our first instinct would invariably be the right answer, so I would never re-check.

Yeah, if you've taken any psych courses you learn that as well. Unless you're going over a question that you guess on previously and you now have an "I think it's actually this one", you're best to leave it be. With FIL though it would have been written, which really sucks, but you can be sure that mistake won't be made again.

despite the fact i have a high verbal score i find it hard to comprehend my parents' line of reasoning. i wish SATs or any other standardized university test was implemented in canada. i feel like there are so many ppl with ****ty reading comprehension and logic skills, this is underscored by the ppl that i met in engineering.

I find it amazing how much you sh!t on your parents. Your earlier posts on this forum are loaded with parental contempt.

Are you paying for your education yourself including all tuition and rent? Were you brought up in a decent home where you didn't suffer physical and mental abuse? Did they provide food and clothes for the majority of your life? Were you able to participate in activities at the expense of their time and money?

If the answer to any of the questions is yes then you should probably learn to not be so critical of your parents.

^I didn't ask to be born. they choose to have kids.

if they didn't want to raise kids then what is the point in having them?

I can't help it if my parents keep on making the same mistakes and I find it to be dumb. repeating the same things over and over and expecting different results is idiotic.

-hire the same ****ty contractors to do renovations and complain about quality

-buy a 1yr gym membership and go for the 1st month, then spend a 1 yr membership for hot yoga but go 3 times

-make excuses why you can't lose weight...make excuses for everything in their lives

-if my brother gets low grades it is my fault.....-> I have nothing to do with his grades? he even goes to a diff uni

I think if anyone was in my situation they would think my parents aren't the smartest ppl. My parents use me a scapegoat of all the **** that goes wrong in their life. I also think it is unfair for you to judge me not knowing the situation.

edit here are some more examples:

-purchase a 5d mk2 and shoots in automatic

-doesn't know the diff between ef-s vs ef lenses

-doesn't know how to use photoshop/lightroom so he calls himself a "purest"

-doesn't know how to work a flash so calls himself a natural light photographer

I cant even comprehend what goes through my father's mind.

This goes right back to what I said earlier. Why are you even here?

just because i decided not to pursue medicine doesn't mean i should be here. as i mentioned earlier there are other sections, research and physio i am looking into.

go ahead and be a pretentious prick. "i cant imagine doing anything else besides medicine". I guarantee you so many ppl who originally wanted to med in your program have went to different avenues

just because i decided not to pursue medicine doesn't mean i should be here. as i mentioned earlier there are other sections, research and physio i am looking into.

go ahead and be a pretentious prick. "i cant imagine doing anything else besides medicine". I guarantee you so many ppl who originally wanted to med in your program have went to different avenues

It's because of comments like this that you didn't get in.

w.e go ahead and judge

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven

Considering your comments about your parents, I highly suggest you take your own advice.

Does anyone else think we should all take a deep breath and re-evaluate what's going on here? Getting a little bit too personal/rude, in my opinion.

yes nathans, wow you know so much, please tell me what it is like to be on the adcoms

I'm not being rude in anyway. When you show arrogance like that on a forum you don't have to be on adcoms to know that isn't what they want in a doctor. Anyone serious about medicine here could tell you that.

Considering your comments about your parents, I highly suggest you take your own advice.

Seconded.

And HockeyKid, I'd recommend if you're of such a poor opinion of your parents, you move out or limit your contact with them if you already have. If my kid were talking about me like that and was old enough to be on his own, the last thing I'd ever buy him would be some boxes and packing tape. Your parents must have the patience of saints.

there are kids who are abused mentally, physically, and sexually and those who have no parental support for anything yet this punk talks the way he does about his parents all because of trivial issues and semantics? Unreal.

I don't talk about my mother the way he does any I have experienced with the above. Some people don't know how good they have it.

please help me understand why can't i expect my parents to care for me, after all they were the ones that decided to give me life?

if i had a child i would be there for them for everything and support them in anyway i could.

so you pay for education by yourself? Do you pay for rent by yourself? Do you pay for all your clothes and necessities in life by yourself?

If the answer to any of these questions is No then they are caring for you. Your problem is not being cared for, your problem is that expectations of your parents go well beyond being cared for to include the absurd.

Archived