Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Discussion 2016

I feel kinda bad for all the people at Queens working overtime. :(

They'll probably just take a half day in the future to compensate... we did it all the time when I worked in admissions. Some days you work long hours, that's just the way it goes.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, I am still invited given my MCAT scores (125 in CARS) and GPA... (around 3.68) ? I find this hard to believe. I have emailed them and will wait for a response before I get too happy.

Yea man this is insane. I have a 126 in CARS. I feel like they may just let us go to interviews with the intention of rejecting us from the start. There is no way this can be fair in either case.

Yea man this is insane. I have a 126 in CARS. I feel like they may just let us go to interviews with the intention of rejecting us from the start. There is no way this can be fair in either case.

Loll I was thinking the same! Gosh I hope I haven't gotten a pity interview.

@Falling: Thanks, I hope so too!

Loll I was thinking the same! Gosh I hope I haven't gotten a pity interview.

@Falling: Thanks, I hope so too!

Aw no I don't think it was a pity invite at all. The lady on the phone said she wasn't sure why people who are invited are also getting rejection emails and where the extra rejections were coming from. So it really sounded to me like you were on the initial invite list.

Here's an update.. I just called back and the lady said she will stay in the office as long as it takes for them all to go out and she again confirmed that not all invited are out. She also said it's still showing as less than 50% of all the emails are out at this point. And she apologized profusely!

Here's an update.. I just called back and the lady said she will stay in the office as long as it takes for them all to go out and she again confirmed that not all invited are out. She also said it's still showing as less than 50% of all the emails are out at this point. And she apologized profusely!

I wanna believe there's still a chance for me, but I haven't seen a single invite timestamped after 3:45 EST. Why do I have a feeling only rejections are being handed out now?

Hang in there folks! At this point it's better for them to take their time and have everything get sent out properly.

Hey Savac, and to other queens med students, I was wondering your opinions on whether if taking a later interview date would be detrimental to getting accepted. I mean, do you think you're scrutinized more because of greater prep time? 

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived