Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

8 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Yes Mac offers were made to those without buttons before and had it appear at midnight

really? so the ongoing mac thread indicating button: Y or N is referring to having or not having the button before 12 AM? does everyone who has offer have the button on omsas now (either from mac or western) ?

1 minute ago, Ontariomedschools said:

what's your thinking behind that?

correct me if I'm wrong but everyone with mac offers showing has reported not having the button previously and there seems to be a wide range of stats for people with offers suggesting that it includes both lottery and top 100

1 minute ago, teapot said:

really? so the ongoing mac thread indicating button: Y or N is referring to having or not having the button before 12 AM? does everyone who has offer have the button on omsas now (either from mac or western) ?

Yes "the button" entry refers to before midnight when buttongate happened. Everyone with an OMSAS offer from Mac now will have that button. 

1 minute ago, ejvrei said:

correct me if I'm wrong but everyone with mac offers showing has reported not having the button previously and there seems to be a wide range of stats for people with offers suggesting that it includes both lottery and top 100

good point. Im just curious what the button means for other schools. Its appeared for most non-Mac kids after midnight but some still don't have it. It's also appeared for Mac kids offered admission. But all these Mac kids didn't have it before.

Just now, Ontariomedschools said:

good point. Im just curious what the button means for other schools. Its appeared for most non-Mac kids after midnight but some still don't have it. It's also appeared for Mac kids offered admission. But all these Mac kids didn't have it before.

People with Western offers on their portal are seeing the button too. I'm just praying it's a good sign for other schools. 

4 minutes ago, Ontariomedschools said:

I mean no one knows for sure, but it didn't appear for "most" people, it is just for around 15-20, out of more than 300 following this thread, and many of those people are those who have more than an interview in Ontario, in some cases 3 or 4, so chances they will get at least an offer yeah.
I find it very very unlikely that OMSAS will mistakenly fall in the same glitch twice in a span of 3 days.
Also, for decisions that came out already (Mac and Western) it seems very solid that having the button appearing after midnight is quite correlated with getting an offer

7 minutes ago, teapot said:

did everyone from western who was accepted have the button appear at midnight?

I was accepted to western according to the portal, no offer on OMSAS yet but The Button did appear.

(And I wasn't in Mac's "interview" pool)