Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Result: Accepted to London Campus off High Waitlist (preferred campus)

Timestamp: May 25th ~ 4:00pm

2 yr GPA: 3.90

MCAT: 32 (11VR / 09 PS / 12 BS)

ECs/volunteer: Nothing spectacular, volunteered at one organization for > 10 years (leadership role), did ECs I enjoyed (not even organized with groups), lots of research (volunteer + masters + work), presentations at (inter)national conferences, 2 publications

Interview: Parts went really well, and parts I detoured a little unnecessarily. Recommend taking time to consider your answers rather than diving in and saying something weird (smh)

Year: Working for 2 years post-MSc
Geography: SWOMEN

Result: Accepted to Windsor Campus off the Normal Waitlist

Timestamp: May 29th 2016 phone call around 10:30 and email around 3

2 yr GPA: 3.89
MCAT: 11 BS/11 PS/10 VR

ECs/Volunteer: A couple volunteer trips to Uganda, played on a competitive Quidditch team all through university, various other long term volunteering and generally just doing ECs I was interested in/ thought were fun

InterviewI remember thinking it went way better than last years, but maybe that was only because I didn't walk out of there crying this time. Hoenstly felt like I had pretty good rapport with the interviewers and thought I'd end up on the high-waitlist so I was more than a little disappointed to be on the normal one. 

Year: Currently finishing up a 1 yr course based Masters at Guelph

Geography: SWOMEN

Honestly, I'm a long time lurker of these forums. And these past 3 weeks have kind of sucked what with trying to figure out what to do next year and coming to the realization that I would have to write the new MCAT (I swear to god I booked a date in August and ordered the EK books 2 days ago). I'm so excited to be given the opportunity and I cannot wait to meet all of my new classmates. 

Result:Accepted to Windsor campus off of normal waitlist

Time stamp: May 29th 2017, call around 12:00 pm PST

2yr GPA: 3.93

MCAT: 518

ECs: average or above average

Interview: Thought it went well, but I think I really, really messed up one or two questions, especially an ethics Q

Geography: OOP

Year: Graduated 2015, did a year long masters

On 5/30/2017 at 5:29 PM, docosiris said:

I was offered a spot in the Windsor Campus this morning. I'm most likely going to decline the offer for another school, so there will be one more spot! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

How long did they give you to respond to the offer? 

Result:Accepted to Windsor campus off of high waitlist

Time stamp: May 29th

2yr GPA: Above Cutoff

MCAT: Above Cutoff

ECs: I felt that they were above average (although this is quite subjective)

Interview: Went well and connected with my interviewers

Geography: IP (Non-SWOMEN)

I've been a long-time lurker on these forums and finally decided to make an account to update this thread!! 

Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

Result: Accepted to Windsor campus (Normal Waitlist)

Time stamp: June 6th 2017, call ~1:00 PM EST

2yr GPA: ~3.88

MCAT: 12/11/12

ECs: tried to do things I was interested in 

Interview: This was my second time interviewing here (was also waitlisted last year), and I didn't feel much better about it compared to last year so I was pretty bummed afterwards. 

Geography: non-SWOMEN (IP)

Year: Graduated 2016 (working since grad)

Just wanted to update this thread with some waitlist movement. Feels unreal to be posting this as I've been legit studying for 8+ hours a day for the MCAT (already registered for the exam in July + bought a bunch of books and resources). Will be accepting as it's my only offer. 

Result: Accepted to Windsor campus (Normal Waitlist)

Time stamp: June 6th 2017, not sure what time the call came as it went to my dad... I'm currently out of the country!

2yr GPA: 3.97

MCAT: 129/130/130/129

ECs: A variety of activities that I am passionate about that... Most centered around advocacy and leadership.

Interview: I'm really not sure. I felt great about it afterwards, but my other interviews didn't go so well.

Geography: non-SWOMEN (OOP)

Year: Just graduated from B.Eng. 

Had a long discussion with my partner today about what we were going to do for the next year. Then we came across wifi and I had numerous messages from my parents and a very surprising email in my inbox. I cried and cried and cried. I'm incredibly thrilled and feel so very lucky. Can't wait to meet the rest of the class!

Those who are still waiting or planning for next year, do not give up! If it's what you want you will make it happen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Result: Accepted! (London)

Timestamp: 10:21 am EST May 8th 2018

2yr GPA: 4.00

MCAT: 130/131/130/132

ECs: diverse I think?? nothing super long-term

Interview: don't really remember- but panel interview is generally worse than MMI for me

Year: Just graduated BSc

Geography: Non-SWOMEN, OOP

Result: Low waitlist (reject)

Timestamp: 10:45 am EST May 8th 2018

2yr GPA: 3.74 (Yes, very low)

MCAT: 

Interview:  Felt okay, but stumbled through some questions, and was a little shaken up after that. Otherwise, I was able to talk a lot about my EC's and felt it was okay overall. 

Result: Accepted to London

Timestamp: 10:21 am EST May 8th 2018

2yr GPA: Not sure, probably ~3.85

MCAT: 517

ECs: Pretty good, directed a non-profit, counselled youth, lots of music

Interview: pretty good, one question I seriously flubbed and only partially recovered, another question I missed something obvious

Geography: Non-SWOMEN, IP

Will probably be declining this offer in favour of U of T, best of luck to everyone! 

Result: Acceptance—Unspecified campus

Timestamp: 10:45 am EST

2yr GPA: 3.95

MCAT: 129Chem 128Bio 129CARS 129Psych

ECs: Standard—not too diverse, long term-ish

Interview:  Felt this interview was my best one. Got lucky that panel interview asked many of the questions I had expected and previously thought of.

Will most likely be rejecting this offer in favour of UofC! Good luck to the waitlist!!!

Result: Accepted (London!!!!)

Timestamp: 10:31 am EST May 8th 2018

2yr GPA: 3.9ish

MCAT: Above non-SWOMEN cut-offs

ECs: A bit above average, diverse. Definitely framed them in a certain way so that they fit the mould of the student Western was looking for, or at least I think so.

InterviewExcellent. Laughed a lot, got a few follow-ups, felt as if they were genuinely interested in what I had to say and my experiences. I felt very comfortable and wished we had more time to chat at the end of it. I think it really helped to have a strong narrative and then connect every answer to that overarching theme.

Year: MSc, working 

Geography: Non-SWOMEN, IP

So relieved and excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet everyone. 

Edited by Doctorofmydreams
cheese

Result: Waitlisted... "In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission." :(

Timestamp: 11:43 am UTC-4:00 (Atlantic)

GPA (converted to OMSAS system): 3.82

MCAT: CPFBS 130 / CARS 132 / BBFLS 130 / PSBSB 126 (Total 518 / 97th percentile)

ECs: insane amount, more than 80 hours a week of stuff, ACTIVE president of almost everything and active member of almost everything else, photography business owner, computer programmer, a ton of interesting life experiences and unique initiatives, master's student with 1 publication + 1 more on its way...

Interview: I feel it could have gone better, but it didn't go badly.

Year: 3rd year MSc (graduating this year)

Geography: New Brunswick

I've been trying to get into med school in Canada since 2010, as this was always my lifelong dream. I was just offered the only full-tuition scholarship they give out at Saint James School of Medicine in Anguilla, and I declined it a few days ago (otherwise I could not have completed the MSc requirements for an offer from Schulich). I'm devastated and considering this religion / praying thing right now.