Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

1 minute ago, ArthurMcArthur said:

Can't believe invites are still going out this far into the day. My baseline cortisol levels are those of a bungee jumper :wacko:

Lol same - and all the BC sites are updating in carms right now so I’m getting scattered emails saying it’s being updated even as recently as 20 mins ago (though the carms website was updated at 6:30pm EST aka 3 hours ago lol)

43 minutes ago, bellejolie said:

Lol same - and all the BC sites are updating in carms right now so I’m getting scattered emails saying it’s being updated even as recently as 20 mins ago (though the carms website was updated at 6:30pm EST aka 3 hours ago lol)

Ooh, so when you select “immediately” for status notifications, you sometimes don’t get the email till later?

7 hours ago, bread said:

As if I needed another reason to check the CaRMS site 438 times per day :lol:

Yeah the delay was real haha but it should be updated now. 

@ArthurMcArthur I’m so sorry that’s super annoying. I would recommend emailing and trying to get some feedback! Sometimes it can turn into a reread of your app and then an interview (I know of a few scenarios where people were rejected and emailed and then offered interviews). 

1 minute ago, sykern said:

anyone else seeing invites for schools they didn't apply for and getting application FOMO or is that just me

Lol no I can’t say that’s happening to me. Although on CaRMS I see a lovely red ‘x’ next to a school I had received an invitation email from... so I don’t know what that’s about. Doing wonders for my anxiety I tell yah!

35 minutes ago, Let it be MATCHical said:

Lol no I can’t say that’s happening to me. Although on CaRMS I see a lovely red ‘x’ next to a school I had received an invitation email from... so I don’t know what that’s about. Doing wonders for my anxiety I tell yah!

I was reading last years thread and it seems that some PDs accidentally hit reject when they meant to day accept on CaRMS after sending an email invite. Based on the thread, the two people who were in your situation ended up actually having interviews. One resolved on it's own, the other emailed the school and the school realized their mistake and confirmed they had an interview 

5 minutes ago, aray623 said:

I was reading last years thread and it seems that some PDs accidentally hit reject when they meant to day accept on CaRMS after sending an email invite. Based on the thread, the two people who were in your situation ended up actually having interviews. One resolved on it's own, the other emailed the school and the school realized their mistake and confirmed they had an interview 

I hope that’s the case. I’ve sent an email so just waiting to hear back now. 

3 hours ago, bellejolie said:

Yeah the delay was real haha but it should be updated now. 

@ArthurMcArthur I’m so sorry that’s super annoying. I would recommend emailing and trying to get some feedback! Sometimes it can turn into a reread of your app and then an interview (I know of a few scenarios where people were rejected and emailed and then offered interviews). 

Thanks! :) I had meant that on a lighter note though, since they had already sent me rejections and Carms was only reiterating that.