Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

8 minutes ago, yup said:

Can confirm they have! Wondering if invites will continue to be sent out on a rolling basis over the weekend? 

I hope not for everyone’s sake - that would be brutal. Although I am getting the impression that it is just one poor admin person sending them out one by one.....

edit: Also, I just confirmed my ubc family invitation and it says there’s still 783(!) spots available. So perhaps a good chance they are only through a fraction of the list.

6 minutes ago, frenchpress said:

I hope not for everyone’s sake - that would be brutal. Although I am getting the impression that it is just one poor admin person sending them out one by one.....

edit: Also, I just confirmed my ubc family invitation and it says there’s still 783(!) spots available. So perhaps a good chance they are only through a fraction of the list.

that’s good to know. I hope they still have spaces left.

4 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

Ahhh, they have been sending invites since the morning?

man, I’m so worried :(

You will get one very soon- it's probably just taking time to send to everyone on list. I got an invite with 1 week of FM electives. If you are FM oriented person you have very high chances of getting an interview. Good luck!

27 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

that’s good to know. I hope they still have spaces left.

They will - 750-800 is a ton of spaces. They’ve clearly only sent out a fraction of the invites. Seems to be a weird system by last name, site etc. I know it’s sO hard but no news is still good news. I have two friends (were all OOP) one got an invite and one got a rejection. So rejections for CMGs are also going out. If you haven’t gotten one it’s a good thing! 

2 hours ago, thcerbo said:

Does anyone know if we should be concerned if we got an update on CaRMS about an interview offer yesterday but still have not heard from the program directly? Is anyone else having this issue? Just wondering at what point should I reach out to the program myself :huh:

I have a similar situation. I guess it depends on the residency program, they might have different protocols for contacting selected applicants.

All of the offers on CaRMS say that programs will be sending emails to applicants, so in case they don't I'm planning to wait until March 1st and then contact them to ask about scheduling. I imagine the reason for this is that at this time we still don't have all of the offers in, so it would be a bit difficult to schedule both for applicants and programs. 

2 hours ago, thcerbo said:

Does anyone know if we should be concerned if we got an update on CaRMS about an interview offer yesterday but still have not heard from the program directly? Is anyone else having this issue? Just wondering at what point should I reach out to the program myself :huh:

I recall reading somewhere that programs should contact you "within a few days" of an interview offer update on Carms. If it was just yesterday, given that it's the weekend I'd hold off until at least Monday to contact them. 

2 minutes ago, birdy21 said:

I recall reading somewhere that programs should contact you "within a few days" of an interview offer update on Carms. If it was just yesterday, given that it's the weekend I'd hold off until at least Monday to contact them. 

Yeah I think I read on CaRMS that programs should ideally reach out to applicants within three days of an interview offer on the portal. I’d wait until Monday before reaching out.

Honestly, I feel bad for all the program coordinators. They are probably stressed and overwhelmed. Give them a bit more time.

10 minutes ago, Divine Comedy said:

Just got my UBC interview invitation, at 3:32am PST. :eek:

There are still over 750 spots available. No need to sweat. I doubt someone is up this late sending out invitations. They must've set up a system that automatically sends out x number of invitations every x minutes.

Thank you for the update!!

Just curious - did anyone else receive a confirmation of being selected for an interview for McMaster’s anatomical pathology program on CaRMS but you are still waiting to hear from Mac?

Got my CaRMS confirmation on the 16th but nothing from Mac yet. Does this much of a delay occasionally happen in general? Nothing in my spam either.