Premed 101 Forums

2020/2021 Decisions Countdown

32 minutes ago, anniegranger13 said:

For last year's cycle, does anyone know if results come out over the span of an hour or so or over few hours? 

They came out over a span of 4 hours lol, Rejections at 7 am, VFMP acceptances at 10:55 am

Just now, newguy23 said:

R

517 mcat, 75-100 naq, 90+gpa, 4th application & interview. Guess the interview was just that bad. My interviewing isn't amazing but I got waitlisted at some Ontario schools last year so it can't be that bad lol

I don't get it anymore

What did I just read smh are you IP?

This process is disgusting lol

ACCEPTED (VFMP)!!!! OOP - I can’t believe it. I applied to UBC thinking my application fee would be a donation to the school to get my NAQ score lol. Safe to say, I was surprised to receive the interview and SHOCKED to receive the acceptance.

I have offers at two Ontario school, but will be taking a good look at UBC because I’m still so undecided! 

Congrats to everyone, and if you didn’t get in, keep your head up! This is my third application cycle and finally things have started to work out! Don’t give up :)

OOP Wait list! 

514 MCAT, 'amazing ECs' lol, interview felt ok/tough got onto some really obscure worldview topics?!,

Posting this for OOP Waitlist ppl --> from Sunday on discord:

UBC doesn't release how many people get rejected post interview.

But if ~20 people get an outright acceptance, then the WL moves by ~!!30!! people (from last year stats) that’s 50 people (they only interviewed 89 OOP) which means that leaves 39 ppl. You have to assume they reject idk 20 ppl or 15 ppl or 10 ppl? You can count them on premed101 if ya care enough but then that leaves a really really good chance of getting a WL offer. Even if they rejected nobody that’s a great stat. But clearly they reject ppl (sadly :/).

4 hours ago, newguy23 said:

R

517 mcat, 75-100 naq, 90+gpa, 4th application & interview. Guess the interview was just that bad. My interviewing isn't amazing but I got waitlisted at some Ontario schools last year so it can't be that bad lol

I don't get it anymore

I feel that... I have similar stats and they ranked me at an average interview but I got my R today.

super disappointing