Premed 101 Forums

COUNTDOWN / Chatter 2021

now that we're 3–4 weeks away from decision day I thought I would start up this ol' annual tradition. How are you guys staying sane for the next little while?

Also, does anyone know if Dr. P mentioned the estimated date that offers/regrets would go out in any of the MMI sessions?

I've been over analyzing every little thing I said. Interestingly enough, I've found that I have felt worse about the interview as time has gone on despite feeling quite decent initially. I definitely know there are some areas I could have done better on, but I think its natural to feel that way? Idk how many people finish their interview feeling like it was perfect :lol: May can't come quickly enough, I just want closure. 

ha I definitely feel the over-analyzing sentiment. I get random flashbacks to my first station—that one was going so laughably bad, I vividly remember glancing at my interviewer and she had the most confused look on her face, poor soul.

2 hours ago, wonderous_dreamder said:

I believe he said the week of May 16th or 23rd

Oh hmm weird ... I thought they always come out before the 15th?

• 3 weeks later...

Alright friends, according to Ređdit verifier checks have started going out. And it looks like we're hurtling towards decision day without an update from Dr. P :wacko:

Anyone wanna bet on when decisions will come out? I'll put my money on this Thursday :)

2 hours ago, babakoto said:

Alright friends, according to Ređdit verifier checks have started going out. And it looks like we're hurtling towards decision day without an update from Dr. P :wacko:

Anyone wanna bet on when decisions will come out? I'll put my money on this Thursday :)

I think I’ll have the safe bet with the 14th haha. Absolutely no faith they will release early. 

3 hours ago, babakoto said:

I heard that the verifiers have until May 7th to reply. Does anyone from previous years know how this date correlates with when decisions come out? 

On 5/3/2021 at 5:25 PM, awkward_bookworm said:

I've picked up embroidery! Does it help me stay sane? No! But it makes a nice gift to make someone else happy so there's that! 

I started doing punch needle during the pandemic! I needed something engrossing to replace MCAT studying after the summer haha. Fibre arts ftw!

Guys! I had only one verification go out, and it went out today. They were told to confirm by tomorrow. I find it strange that after Dr. P posted on may 2 that they started contacting verifiers last week, yet mine went out a day before they were due. I am probably overthinking, but does anyone have any opinions? Also, does anyone know if they typically sent verifications out to only a few people or to everyone you've put down?

I also just want to say goodluck to everyone. We have all worked so hard, and we all deserve to get in. It is so unfortunate they have such a small number of seats, and sometimes it feels so beyond our control. But I truly hope everyone is holding up alright, staying busy and holding on to hope! 

31 minutes ago, wanderlustnerd29398 said:

Guys! I had only one verification go out, and it went out today. They were told to confirm by tomorrow. I find it strange that after Dr. P posted on may 2 that they started contacting verifiers last week, yet mine went out a day before they were due. I am probably overthinking, but does anyone have any opinions? Also, does anyone know if they typically sent verifications out to only a few people or to everyone you've put down?

I also just want to say goodluck to everyone. We have all worked so hard, and we all deserve to get in. It is so unfortunate they have such a small number of seats, and sometimes it feels so beyond our control. But I truly hope everyone is holding up alright, staying busy and holding on to hope! 

I can't imagine why they only sent yours today but I do remember reading that they send these out until classes start so maybe they figured they'd just squeeze that one in ASAP haha!

Honestly I dont know what to think of this except that they are probably going to update us tomorrow or Monday once these verifiers all get back to them? Maybe we'll actually find out early next week rather than late?

Good luck to you too! I think it will be such a relief for all of us to finally know the outcome of this year's cycle. 

3 hours ago, wanderlustnerd29398 said:

2 of my verifiers were contacted yesterday (to my knowledge, but there may have been more that didn't update me), I'm not sure about both of them but one of them has until May 12th to respond. I'm assuming that the date for verifiers to respond is irrelevant to the release date of final decisions but who knows...