Premed 101 Forums

COUNTDOWN / Chatter 2021

29 minutes ago, SoldSoulToMED said:

does anybody know of someone getting accepted without verifiers getting contacted? 

Not sure about this year, but last year my verifiers were contacted a week or two before offers and I got regrets. I also know a friend of mine who never heard of their verifiers being contacted and got admitted. So I really believe the check is truly random. 

That’s so strange that your verifier was given till may 12, but Dr P said that offers may start the week of the 10th. I assumed they would’ve had all that done by then. 

ugh what a brutal and confusing process this is. It’s insane we work so hard our entire lives and nothing is guaranteed. So discouraging sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, ellagirl said:

When do you guys think we will hear from Dr P next? My best guess is today-Monday to let us know that we'll find out about admissions Thurs/Friday, any different thoughts? 

omg i truly hope we dont have to wait that long (thurs/fri). I think I might internally combust haha. I hope he posts today. I feel like it really shouldn't take as long as it does. Especially if they have the final rank order and theyve verified. whats there left to do...

18 minutes ago, wanderlustnerd29398 said:

omg i truly hope we dont have to wait that long (thurs/fri). I think I might internally combust haha. I hope he posts today. I feel like it really shouldn't take as long as it does. Especially if they have the final rank order and theyve verified. whats there left to do...

I totally agree, I guess they are just waiting to have heard back from more verifiers so they can remove any red flagged people from the offer list? Knowing that some verifiers have until the 12th makes me feel like we'll have to wait until then possibly (UGH) but it's literally impossible to know.

Honestly I'm slowly going insane waiting but on the plus side, in two months we could be in orientation together!! 

2 minutes ago, ellagirl said:

I totally agree, I guess they are just waiting to have heard back from more verifiers so they can remove any red flagged people from the offer list? Knowing that some verifiers have until the 12th makes me feel like we'll have to wait until then possibly (UGH) but it's literally impossible to know.

Honestly I'm slowly going insane waiting but on the plus side, in two months we could be in orientation together!! 

Maybe... it would just be nice to get an update I guess! Because ever since he said may 10th, I am like staring at the clock watching the MINUTES go by waiting for may 10th to hit. 

You and I both!!! I really hope so! How did your interview go? I was part of the march 6th group that had the tech issues, so that was fun

7 minutes ago, wanderlustnerd29398 said:

Maybe... it would just be nice to get an update I guess! Because ever since he said may 10th, I am like staring at the clock watching the MINUTES go by waiting for may 10th to hit. 

You and I both!!! I really hope so! How did your interview go? I was part of the march 6th group that had the tech issues, so that was fun

Same!!! I just messaged you so that we stop blowing up this thread!

20 hours ago, wanderlustnerd29398 said:

That’s so strange that your verifier was given till may 12, but Dr P said that offers may start the week of the 10th. I assumed they would’ve had all that done by then. 

ugh what a brutal and confusing process this is. It’s insane we work so hard our entire lives and nothing is guaranteed. So discouraging sometimes. 

They have said they check verifiers or at least keep the file open (ie ready to pull you for red flags) until classes start so idk if this indicates a delay in offers being sent!

9 minutes ago, OSRmedhopeful said:

At least your verifiers were contacted! I don’t think mine were. It honestly is such a bad feeling:(

I went through post of people talking about verifiers getting contacted. It truly does appear to be random. I saw someone getting 3 contacted but not getting in. Saw someone get contacted last minute and get waitlist while another at the same time got in. There was someone who got contacted weeks out and never got off the waitlist. The final rank orders are already made, and they are just running off their areas of concern/random checks. 

I don't think it is worthwhile thinking about it anymore. We will never figure it out and its best if we just believe it is random in order to not be too optimistic OR pessimistic. 

16 minutes ago, Sifaka said:

I know this probably isn't something I need to worry about, but does anyone know if they tell you if your application is red flagged? 

A current med student I know told me that someone they know was notified that they tripped a red flag a couple years back. Take this with a grain of salt though, it is just a word of mouth thing I heard

1 hour ago, garceyues said:

A current med student I know told me that someone they know was notified that they tripped a red flag a couple years back. Take this with a grain of salt though, it is just a word of mouth thing I heard

So they’re saying they were notified? Did they say they were notified right away or afterwards? 

Crazy to think that there's so many people creeping this forum, anxiously awaiting to hear back from uofc, and very likely some/most of your lives will instantly change the second that admissions email comes through. If you're unsuccessful, don't be too hard on yourself - medicine is not the end-all be-all that you think it is. At the end of the day, it's a job like any other career, and you may very well be just as happy if not more happy doing something else. If you are successful, welcome to the long journey of medicine, the person who you are this week will be a very different person 3 years down the line - never forget who you were before you got accepted to medicine. 

Good luck to you all :)