Premed 101 Forums

Official "What are my chances for McMaster" Thread

They Z-score VR to only other VR scores and CARS to only other CARS scores. You can email for this information if you like.

The sections on the old MCAT don't all have the same percentile rankings like they do on the new one. Look at the links in my post, 129 = 93rd percentile, which on VR puts you just below 11. A 129 on the others yes would translate to just below a 12 in PS or BS

lol...I had the exact same reaction. Anyone else notice that there has been a few 132 CARS scores posted on pm101 this cycle yet pre-MCAT2015 I didn't see a single 15 VR? I'm not speculating anything, just pointing out an observation

There used to be less questions on the test. This meant that if X number of people scored 40/40 on the old test then a 15 was impossible and they would get a 14 where X is greater than the number of people that could possibly be in that percentile. 

15 used to be 99.9% so lets say only 10 people per test could get that score and 11 people tied for the highest score (be it 40/40,39/40 38/40 etc) then there would be no 15 awarded in that test.

With more questions those top scorers are further separated into 60/60 59/60 58/60 etc and can be further stratified.

Going to give this a shot, might be a long stretch.

Undergraduate cGPA (OMSAS): 3.3

Graduate cGPA (doing a 2 years course-based MPh, have marks from the first year): 3.82

CARS: 128

Not sure if it's worth applying to Mac, I might give U of T a shot though.

I feel like that is a very long shot, don't think its worth applying to UofT.