Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's curious how strongly some of us feel about debt. Do you think they should be forced to pay it back regardless of the cost to the population?

that would be an extreme position - one of those "no matter what" positions. I don't support absolutes like that.

I am worried that the cost of not paying it back is considerably more than actually paying it back under some rather painful but perhaps manageable long term repayment plans.

The precedent of the default is going to have and is having ripple effects in the EU and in world markets. It increases volatility, uncertainty and may encourage other countries to consider such drastic action as a supposed shortcut to improving their lot? The IMF have lots to think about in their money game of musical chairs. Interesting times ahead for sure. :P  

The precedent of the default is going to have and is having ripple effects in the EU and in world markets. It increases volatility, uncertainty and may encourage other countries to consider such drastic action as a supposed shortcut to improving their lot? The IMF have lots to think about in their money game of musical chairs. Interesting times ahead for sure. :P  

well make them think twice before bailing anyone out - or letting higher risk countries into the union. Risk makes bankers nervous :)

The game with Greece continues. Greece accuses the EU of a campaign of humiliation and terror. And categorically states, it cannot be thrown out of the EU or of the Euro. If the PM loses the Referendum, he will not resign. This is psychological warfare at its best between Greece and the EU! Greece is counting on EU caving down the road and won't give in to the EU blackmail as they see it with their banks being forced to close as they have lost financing from EU Bank, the ECB. They claim a democratic right to remain in the EU (and keep the Euro). Meanwhile, tourism is down in Greece, Greek exporters do not want payment from abroad from their buyers as they cannot access the money, and pensioners cannot access their pensions. Creating another currency and printing new money is not a realistic option. This is a public scandal where Greece is daring the EU to do what Greece considers it cannot. Greece claims it has democratic rights in the EU. The Showdown needs to play out!

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have taken anatomy or physiology during your undergrad, if you are not from Mac's healthsci or a kinesci program?

I majored in a biomed program during my undergrad. I don't think these two courses were included in my curriculum. I'm not even sure whether I was allowed to take them.

I know Mac's health sci offers anatomy. I also heard that many kinesiology programs offers first year physiology course. But that's all I know.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have taken anatomy or physiology during your undergrad, if you are not from Mac's healthsci or a kinesci program?

I majored in a biomed program during my undergrad. I don't think these two courses were included in my curriculum. I'm not even sure whether I was allowed to take them.

I know Mac's health sci offers anatomy. I also heard that many kinesiology programs offers first year physiology course. But that's all I know.

I took human anatomy and both general and human physiology classes during undergrad. General physiology was required, but anat and human phys I took as electives.

I took both human anatomy and human physiology. Those are core courses in Guelph's Biomed program.

Archived